Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 10-12-2005, 02:39 PM

Default How to become Digidesign plug-in developer?

I'm trying to register via Developers/Partner Info at the Digidesign website. But I do not get any confirmation or any answer whatsoever.

Can anybody help?
Old 10-12-2005, 04:31 PM

Default Re: How to become Digidesign plug-in developer?

did you get to the page that says:

Interested in being a Digidesign Development Partner?

The Digidesign Developer Program offers a unique level of technical and marketing support. As a Partner, you will have access to documentation, SDK's and a dedicated staff of engineers to assist in your development efforts. Our co-marketing programs include events, print and internet marketing, a Development Partners Catalog, mailings and more. If you have a product idea that is of interest to Digidesign's customers, and the expertise and commitment to see it through, then we want to hear from you.

While the audio developer market has grown rapidly, there are still many tools and processors not offered by any existing Development Partner; so you can act now to fill these gaps and set your company on a profitable, exciting new course. Digidesign wants to hear about your plans.

How to Apply:
Click on the link below that describes the product you'd like to develop.

I want to develop a Plug-In for Pro Tools (HD, TDM, RTAS, AudioSuite). click here

I'd like to use Digidesign's Sound Drivers or .WAV Drivers. click here

I want to stream the audio from my software synthesizer or similar product into Pro Tools.
Digidesign has spent considerable effort to support open audio standards for interoperability between Pro Tools and other audio applications. Pro Tools 6.1 and above supports ASIO (XP), Core Audio (OS X), and ReWire (XP and OS X). By supporting these formats, your applications are interoperable with Pro Tools. If your application(s) or product(s) requires tighter integration or a different set of functionality, the RTAS, AudioSuite, or TDM plug-in interfaces might be appropriate. In this case click here to request the plug-in documentation and to become a Digidesign Development Partner.

Thanks for your interest. We look forward to working together.
Note: All Digidesign SDK's and developer support are offered free of charge.

I am not sure how to go about it outside of their website unfortunately. I know that there are a couple folks on the boards though that might know. You might try posting this in the Windows forum for LE. goodluck
Old 10-12-2005, 05:05 PM
Administrator

Aleksey, your application form was received yesterday when you sent it. You should have seen a "Thank you for submitting your application..." message after you hit the Submit button. If you did not, then it could have been a JavaScript error. The form and confirmation page use JavaScript, so Java has to be enabled in your web browser.

As it says just above the Submit button on the page with the application form in the Developers section of the website:
Quote:
Thank you for your interest in the Digidesign Developer Program. The program is competitive, and we carefully review every application we receive. Due to the volume of requests, we cannot guarantee that every submission will receive a response. For those that do, responses may take as long as 4 weeks. Again we appreciate your interest, and wish you the best of luck.
But we did confirm that your application was received, so you do not need to submit it again unless you have new information.
Old 10-12-2005, 08:42 PM

Quote:
I'm trying to register via Developers/Partner Info at the Digidesign website. But I do not get any confirmation or any answer whatsoever.

Can anybody help?
I assume this means we'll see Voxengo going RTAS!!!
(Believe me, there's a market for your stuff man...several of us have a number of your plugs wrapped via fxpansion's tool already!)

(A little plugin suggestion...PT could really really really use a better antialiasing filter prior to SRC...a realtime plug based filter on the master fader that exceeds PT's tweakhead performance would seriously kick butt...and a limiter that also prevents intersample peaks...)

Can't wait Aleksey...lemme know if you need a beta tester.
Old 10-13-2005, 10:25 AM

Thanks for confirming.. Actually, the first time I've sent the application was something like a half a year ago. And I have not received any answer (beside this ' your application has been submitted') since then. So, this time I've decided to post to forum so that I get at least some answer.
Old 10-13-2005, 10:35 AM

Chris, indeed, there are such plans - I've received a lot of RTAS support requests already.

As for the SRC plug-in, I don't think high quality SRC can be done with a plug-in. r8brain PRO standalone Windows application proves that - this simply won't fit plug-in architecture.
Old 10-13-2005, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Chris, indeed, there are such plans - I've received a lot of RTAS support requests already.

As for the SRC plug-in, I don't think high quality SRC can be done with a plug-in. r8brain PRO standalone Windows application proves that - this simply won't fit plug-in architecture.
I figure that Aleksey...but we can keep dreaming right?
Old 12-02-2005, 04:00 PM

It seems like Digi are not making life easy for some plugin developers. And when those developers are people like Aleksey/Voxengo- [by far the best plugins -especially for the price - probably better than much more (unreasonably) expensively priced stuff eg waves. Sony McDSP...] wanting to port over to rtas, it is plainly stupid..

... talk about shooting themselves in the foot!
i, for one would not again buy PT and digi hardware (for this reason alone) for my new system. I really do not understand why on earth they would not give permission to develop! In fact I will probably now have to advise the guys at the University where i teach, to not buy the ProtoolsLE (28 M-Boxes and some 002s) we were planning on buying after all..
Yeah we want the protools platform but we need voxengo plugs even more...

I knoe i could always use a VST to RTAS adaptor but that is not the point

Thanks

Dinoship