Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Win)

Old 04-03-2018, 06:44 AM

Default Re: Audient id22 static issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiBee View Post
No, I had another kind of issu: a «*clic !*» sound and disconnection (very small, less than 1 sec!) that made Pro Tools to crash ! Sic !

In your case, did you change your usb cable ? Is there any power cable too close from your ID22 ? Are you plugged direct to your computer usb port ? No usb hub ? Maybe you’ve tested all, but I just ask
Thanks for your replay. Yes I have checked all that you mentioned and everything , short of opening the unit up and testing the inside.
Old 04-03-2018, 01:28 PM

I have another idea ! In the past, using a laptop, my sound card (usb) had such a problem, an electric buzz. That was because I also used the laptop audio output (using a mini-jack to rca), and both that output and the usb sound card where plugged in my hifi amplifier, one on the aux 1 and the other, aux 2. It was a kind of loop !
MAC Pro "Trash can" - Pro Tools HDX + Ultimate 2021.12/Avid C|24/S3/ProTools|Dock. Blackmagic.
Old 09-16-2020, 12:03 PM

Static issues can be related to a known issue of the CF2 capacitor being located too close to the heat fins. It's detailed in this thread. https://www.gearslutz.com/board/musi...-issues-9.html

I replaced my cap along with many and the issue went away. It is purely a design issue that Audient is trying to avoid.
Old 05-19-2021, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdpar View Post
LOL , ok. well the pic you attached is a wall wart.:) Now my problem with my ID22 is intermittent , so I guess hard for sweetwater to diagnose. To explain further , the ID22 starts making a static sound , sometimes very loud. Static sound like when your radio is between stations. It comes through on any record armed track In Pro tools. Drives me crazy. Is your problem like that? Or something else?
It can be a ground issue. Take a wire and connect the cases of both the PC and Interface. It is not uncommon the there is no ground connection with the PC.