Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 09-10-2020, 07:00 AM

Default Playrate Issue

Hi All,

I've been experiencing an inetrmitent issue for a while for which I haven't found any solution yet.

I use my Eleven Rack as Audio Interface on Windows 10 and have installed and re-installed the last drivers. The thing is that sometimes, when using the 11R as interface the audio of my whole computer gets slowed down and detuned and to solve this I need to reboot windows. With my Helix this has never happened. Any clue on what may be causing the issue or how to solve it?
I've tried to change my sample rate on the 11R control panel (just in case is some synch problem) but the dropdown menu seems not allowing me to do that! Its fixed at 48000.

Many thanks in advance
Old 09-10-2020, 11:11 AM

Default Re: Playrate Issue

2 things;
1-the term "playrate" is ambiguous at best. Playback speed would better describe what you are talking about(I think)
2-is Windows using the Eleven Rack as its "default playback device"? If so, change that so Windows uses the on-board sound card for playback(Realtek?). That allows Pro Tools to take control of the Eleven Rack(or any interface on a Windows setup) which should allow you to choose other sample rates for sessions(though 48K is my preferred SR for almost everything)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave