Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Win)

Old 09-05-2020, 07:44 AM

Default Help with Routing

I am hoping I can get some help with getting my PC/HND/ONMI routing working correctly.

I don't use the system much but here is what I can share:

1) The system worked about 3 weeks ago.
2) Last night I installed the 2020.09 PT Update.
3) Immediately after I got an 1103 error.
4) I reseated the HDN card in a new slot.
5) I uninstalled PT/HD Drivers and then reinstalled PT an the HD drivers and the the 1103 error went away.
6) I seem to have lost my hardware and routing configurations in PT and setting to rebuild.

Currently the out meters indicate signal but my monitors and headphones aren't playing sound. I assume there is an issue in my hardware/routing I'm overlooking.

Here are some setting high points.

1) Out 1/2 meters on front of Omni flash with signal.
2) My monitors are plugged into the TRS 1/4 jacks on the back.
3) My headphones are plugged into the front of the Omni.
4) Mute button on the unit is not pressed.
5) Volume is set at 85SPL and unity for headphones.

I appreciate any help.

Dave

[EDIT} I tried to attach a pdf of my setting but I guess DUC doesn't support attachments. Below is a link to the pdf on my MS OneDrive.

https://1drv.ms/b/s!AqsavNQKwvlflM1D...ARA4g?e=4O12SO

Last edited by txshonk; 09-05-2020 at 07:48 AM. Reason: pdf didnt attach
Old 09-05-2020, 12:10 PM

Default Re: Help with Routing

Hey

Restart the computer and launch PT from the normal icon holding down the N Key until a popup window appears and there choose the HD Native, That way you are 100% sure that the correct interface is launched with PT.

When Pro Tools finnished loading up, go into the Settings -> i/o -> and there press DEFAULT on all tabs -> In/Out/Aux and input and output pages and see if your i/o settings get back to normal.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 09-05-2020, 03:03 PM

@Southsidemusic

I appreciate the ideas, I gave them all a shot. I still don't sound out of the unit. I even flashed the firmware out of desperation.

I submitted a ASC with Avid and am hoping for the best. But I think the unit may have failed.

Dave
Old 11-17-2020, 06:27 PM

Did you ever resolve this? I had a similar problem getting audible output through my Lynx Hilo interface/converter. All the meters were screaming with output signals, but no sound. Turns out that I needed to reconfigure PT I/O setup for the analog and digital inputs and outputs since I had 8 analog preamps and 8 digital inputs going through the HD IO. I’m sure yours is/was a similar issue. Perhaps your monitor outputs should be changed from A1-2 to A3-4, or vice versa. Hope you figured it out.
Old 11-19-2020, 01:11 PM

Sadly, I think both of you have taken all the wrong steps in troubleshooting. Given a working system that stops working, the FIRST thing to look at is; what has changed? If its a new version of PT, then restore back to the old version. The other thing both of you should have done is; have a backup plan. The smartest backup plan is to NOT screw up the system drive of a setup that works. Clone that to another drive, install the cloned system drive and test. If it works, update the cloned drive. By doing this, if things go sour(like they have), you can swap back to the old drive and keep working. Moving the card and flashing firmware were probably a waste of time

As Southside said, check that HDN is the selected "audio engine". If it is, open IO setup and hit Default for the INPUT and OUTPUT tab and test. If its still not working, run Digitest to verify the card and interface as good. If Digitest fails, you're probably going to need to pay for assistance from a local Pro Tools systems expert. If Digitest passes, then I would think about installing a blank SSD and reloading all your software(Windows, and all).

I'm not trying to be a buzz kill and not beating up on anyone as troubleshooting is not everyone's strong suit. At this point, its about getting back to a working setup and sometimes, starting from scratch is the best way

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave