Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 11-09-2020, 05:58 PM

Default Re: How do I transfer my current Pro Tools 12 to my new computer?

What model/EMC number? its printed on the back of the case.
Old 03-18-2021, 05:07 PM

I am having a similar problem, Pro tools won't start after installing on my computer (hard drive crashed) Case : 04126177 Ilok has the license showing...
Old 03-18-2021, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larsken View Post
I am having a similar problem, Pro tools won't start after installing on my computer (hard drive crashed) Case : 04126177 Ilok has the license showing...
Welcome to DUC, but other users here are not able to help you when you provide effectively no useful information. What exact version of Pro Tools on what exact macOS version? What *exact* errors/what *exactly* happens when Pro Tools starts? What do you see as Pro Tools starts up? What happens on the slash screen?

What *exact* license is on your iLok? What *exact* version of Pro Tools were you running before, what *exact* version did you install? If that was pre Pro Tools 12.6 and then you installed Pro Tools 12.6 or later then you likely have exceeded your license privileges and need to go back to 12.5 or earlier. All that is covered in thousands of posts on DUC.

Hard drive crashed? What did you do to recover? Installed a clean macOS version? Recovered from a backup? How?

Your problem is also going to be unrelated to this thread. Please don't spam existing threads like this. If you want help on DUC from other users. Start by reading "Help us Help You" up the top of each DUC web page. And provide the info asked for there when you create your own new thread for your problem.

Start here https://duc.avid.com, pick a forum area that is a best match for your problem and click on the "NEW THREAD" button to start a new thread. Provide more info/answer questions above in the new thread you create.
Old 02-01-2023, 03:09 PM

Follow-up question on transferring the ProTools subscription to a new computer. Does it matter if I'm switching from a PC to a Mac?
Old 02-01-2023, 04:22 PM

Hi, welcome to the community.

No, whether you use Mac or PC does not matter so long as you have the license.