Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Mac)

Old 12-26-2011, 09:10 PM

Default No Sound From ANY instrument track!

okay okay

I'm using m-audio fast track, with pro tools se 8.0.3. i have a mac osx 7.2. everything works great except for ALL instrument tracks. and i do mean ALL. i first assumed i had my own settings wrong, but it must be something more. when you first install pro tools se, it comes with demo songs which have been prepared so you can begin to understand how to put the music tracks together. well some of these include Audio tracks AND instrument tracks. i am getting absolutely NO sound from my instrument tracks AND those included with the demo songs. i originally thought that it was my settings with my own midi tracks that were not registering, but now i believe otherwise.

any thoughts?
Old 01-01-2012, 10:34 AM

Default Re: No Sound From ANY instrument track!

I have the same situation here, no sound in Pro Tools SE whatsoever.

I cleaned installed Lion, patched up to 10.7.2 and installed my MobilePre v2 drivers(downloaded the latest ones), then I proceeded to install Pro Tools SE 8.0.3. I then rebooted, then patched it with 003 and started it up. No errors, but no sound at all anywhere. I can use the software perfectly, but I cannot hear my recordings, cannot listen to the demo songs either.... ?

Help would be appreciated!
Old 01-01-2012, 04:15 PM

you need to use speakers or headphones through your audio interface to get any sound what so ever.

my problem is different though.

i can record and hear perfectly fine. however, its just the instrument tracks that are making no sound at all. not even the demo instrument tracks.

the audio tracks work fine.

my specific midi player works absolutely fine with garage band instruments though, and it worked fine with my PC with Win7.

this forum has been practically useless to me and i still have this same problem.

BUMP!!!!
Old 01-01-2012, 04:18 PM

TO Add a little more info to my problem to anyone who is maybe listening,

when i try to record with an instrument track using my midi, no sound is heard, BUT midi is being recorded. i can see it plain as day. it is recording midi fine, MINUS the sound

PLEASE HELP!
BUMP!!
Old 01-01-2012, 04:30 PM

/Users/shiloholly/Desktop/Screen Shot 2012-01-01 at 6.28.29 PM.png
Old 01-01-2012, 06:17 PM
Avid

We can't actually see files on your computer.

Can you post the screen shot somewhere online and provide the URL?
Old 10-01-2012, 09:24 AM

Hello, any help with this problem ?

I recently bought Fast track Pro and I'm using PT SE in a MAC with 10.8.2.Problem is pretty much the same, I only have sound from 5 instruments from a 100. Track is recorded but not played. I see Garage band has almost the exact instruments but any problem with it.

Thank you
Old 10-03-2012, 03:45 PM

I'm having the same problem, where I can record MIDI, but none of my instrument tracks are working.

Macbook Pro 13" w/ 10.8.2
PT SE 8.0.3 patch003
Fast Track
Old 11-20-2012, 08:13 PM

Hi, I just got Fast Track C600 and Pro Tools SE. MacBook Pro 15" OS X 10.8.2. Patched Pro Tools SE to 8.0.3.

I've been having the same problem. At first I thought I was doing something wrong. When I got started I opened a new Piano session. I thought I was doing but after I armed each of the three instrument tracks (Grand Piano, Suitcase Piano, Honkey-Tonk Piano) nothing happened and there was no activity. Nothing flashing on the LED meters. No sound.

At first I thought it was a MIDI problem (although the MIDI was going through my Fast Track C600 and I *was* able to record my mic) so I did two things: a) I checked my MIDI monitor program, which was hearing the notes. Then, b) I actually recorded. I could see the notes being added into Pro Tools SE, but there was no sound associated with them -- STRANGE!

Then, after playing around for a while and started finding out that for me, it's some instruments that work and some that don't. None of the drum kits work. None of the pianos work. All of the organs work *except* the two Wurlitzers.

PLEASE HELP! ~Jed
Old 11-20-2012, 09:27 PM

Have all you folks who are having problems opened up the manual and read there about virtual instruments and instrument tracks. To hear audio out form Pro Tools you need a virtual instrument inserted on the track.

You really need to start by following the exact examples in the manual, then if that does not work, tell us exactly what you are doing (what VI plugin is inserted on the track and is critical here, not one mention of that in any of the posts above) and describe what is not working. Are meters moving even if sound is not heard?. Describing what manual/page number you are workign from is helpful.

Darryl