Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Mac)

Old 09-24-2011, 03:33 PM

Default Re: Nothing Works!!!!

Did your engineers found a solution to this problem? I have the same problem. I'm on a MacBook Pro with OS X 10.6.8.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software, I installed the patch 003 and I still can't do anything. I see the menu but after I click on "Choose" nothing happens. I also have to force quit the application because the Quit button doesn't do anything either.

I have the latest Flash and the latest Adobe Air.

If you don't have a solution, please let me know so I can return the MobilePre to best buy.

Thanks.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:37 PM

Anything further on getting SE to work from Avid product engineers? I purchased this back in July but haven't heard anything other than they are looking into it. I'd appreciate any help available.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:29 PM

I bought this package (Avid Vocal Studio - in July) because it had Pro Tools SE with the mic. The mic is great but am unable to use Pro-Tools (see above), I'm unable to contact support without purchasing an ASC but feel I shouldn't have to purchase this if the software just doesn't work. I have received nothing further from Avid through the forum than a reply back in July to say they were looking into it. All in all a very disappointing introduction to your products.

Could I please ask again if Avid has any solution? And if not, please advise so I can delete this off my machine and ask for my money back.
Old 10-11-2011, 06:25 PM

The inherant problem is that:

a) This is not an "official" support forum. While Avid hosts it, they are under no obligation to provide support here (documented in the Terms of Use if you read it). They chime in on occasion, but it's hard to monitor every single post that comes across here, and I don't think anyone gets paid to do it.

b) The experienced users here who do a lot of the helping do not use Pro Tools SE, as it is the free, stripped down version of the software. Very few of us have any experience at all with SE, and wouldn't really know where to start in terms of helping someone.

c) The vast majority of problems are often related to user error, whether it is due to OS incompatibility, improper setup/installation or a system that simply does not meet the requirements of the software.

The best advice I can give to a user of SE is to go on YouTube or Google and find tutorials, and to read as much of the literature that comes with the software. This thread is also very useful in terms of troubleshooting, and while SE is certainly quite stripped down, there should still be some applicable topics.

I do agree that Avid should provide a lot more documentation (and perhaps some free, limited support) for SE users, but do keep in mind that it is essentially free software, and is really not meant for anything more than a tease to get new users to buy the full software.

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515
Old 10-11-2011, 07:00 PM

Thanks DISM for your response. My frustration comes from being unable to 'officially' contact Avid any other way (without purchasing an ASC) as far as I can see. This forum is as close as I can get.

I understand the software is meant as a 'tease', unfortunately, as I can't access any of the features, it's a bit hard to be teased.

I certainly don't mean to bother any of the experienced users, my posts are aimed at Avid (if they happen to be listening) and the other users who have encountered the same problem.

As far as user error goes, I have complied with OS compatibility as specified on the packaging, proper setup/installation etc, have read the manual thoroughly and have been unable to find any joy in the available videos as they all assume you are able to use the software (which I am unable to).

Thanks all the same for your response and advice - much appreciated.