Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Mac)

Old 12-12-2011, 04:32 AM

Default Re: CPU Overload error for Pro Tool SE 8.0.3

Not router "your" I meant to type. I have 10 programs running including cakewalk and audacity and the highest it peaks is 75%.
Old 02-25-2012, 05:25 PM

I cannot even use Pro tools because I get DAE 760 every time!!!

I am using pro tools 8, mac OS 10.7.2 and an m-box mini.
I followed some of the responses above but there are no drivers
for the MBox mini! Arrrgh.

Your help is appreciated so I can finish some projects before tour.

Thanks!!
Old 02-27-2012, 03:30 PM

i'm getting dae 720. can't even use pro tools.
just started out of the blue...
Old 12-14-2012, 01:11 PM

I always get this same error too! And now a new one of error 720. I've tried 6 processors, 90%CPU, 4 processors. 85% CPU... a number of combinations that everyone has recommended.
I even just bought the new Macintosh 12 core, thinking this would take care of the issue. Very Frustrated! Fruity Loops works better! At this point I would never refer someone to use Pro Tools.

Here are my Computer specs.
Model Name: Mac Pro
Model Identifier: MacPro5,1
Processor Name: 6-Core Intel Xeon
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
Number of Processors: 2
Total Number of Cores: 12
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache (per Processor): 12 MB
Memory: 12 GB
Processor Interconnect Speed: 5.86 GT/s
Boot ROM Version: MP51.007F.B03
SMC Version (system): 1.39f11
SMC Version (processor tray): 1.39f11
Serial Number (system):
Serial Number (processor tray):
Hardware UUID:

Using Pro Tools 10.3.2

oh and...... no other applications running
Old 02-05-2015, 01:59 PM

Ok, so we suffered with this same stupid error for about 8 years with the older versions of ProTools… and this month dropped HUNDREDS MORE, taking an hour to get our PT 10 software registered (ridicules reg with ilok BS) just to find THE ERROR IS WORSE THAN EVER!!!!

AVID SUCKS, PRO TOOLS SUCKS… always has…. Seriously going to post this and see if an AVID tech solves this issue then if not we're off to a competitor music program.

Had the same errors on Mac G4's, G5's about 5 computers total… We thought the "new flashy fancy ProTools 10 that is said to be God would have solved this stupid error, like you'd expect on a 1994 computer "trying to do too much error"… CPU overload ??? are you serious??? in this day of multiple CPUs and advanced management… obviously a programming error….

My opinion as not only a lifetime MUSICIAN, but I've written and sold computer programs… way back to the original Macs… AVID is lying about ProTools capabilities… Maybe if it is now, and always has been OVERLOADING YOUR CPU… maybe just maybe PT SHOULD NOT HANDLE 40 channels of audio… Maybe call PT 10 what it is…"THE DIGITAL EQUIVALENT OF A FOSTEX 8 CHANNEL RECORDER… CIRCA 1986…."

Sorry, AVID, I don't slam many products and companies… but after shelling out HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS and sitting here for hours playing 1 bar and getting an error, THE SAME FREAKIN ERROR I"VE SUFFERED THROUGH WHILE USING PROTOOLS EVERY MINUTE FOR MY LIFE!!!!!! This I would expect on a COMMODORE 64 COMPUTER, Circa 1982…

PRO TOOLS 8, 9, and 10 SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!

Fix it… idiots.

*** OH and before I get some lame email from AVID telling us to try the buffer, CPU, limits, settings… DUH!!! NO KIDDING , have tried every combination plus sticking the mouse in my ear…. sitting upside down chanting the Dalai Lama's prayers…. Why don't you coffee addicted, screen mesmerized geeks try using your program on the AVERAGE GUYS COMPUTER before selling it… Oh did I mention I'M PISSED FOR PAYING MORE HUNDREDS OF $$$ FOR THIS PIECE OF CRAP PRO TOOLS 10 BS????