Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Mac)

Old 01-11-2011, 03:44 PM

Default Re: Dying here people.....Anyone....Anyone ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHDRAMA View Post
Gotta tell ya Lyvewire........after my re-install of this thing, somehow I am able to get stuff done with "less" issues, so that's at least a plus. I guess it's kinda like the hottie with the annoying voice......somehow you learn to live with it.

All in all.....I've decided that I'm not gonna waste all of my time complaining about it. It is one hell of a learning tool.....I mean, I certainly know more about this type of recording than I ever knew before I owned it.......and I'll be a little more prepared when I finally do step up to more extensive equipment. I've made my peace on this forum with all of my issues with SE......hell it feels like I wrote a novel......maybe someone out there will come up with a breakthrough solution for both of us. Until then though......we made our beds, least we can do is make some music in them !!!!!!
You also have to consider that SE is the "free" version of Pro Tools. It's as stripped down as it gets, and leaves much to be desired as far as Pro Tools goes. If you really feel you are getting the hang of the workflow, you will find your world open to new possibilities with a full version.

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515
Old 01-12-2011, 03:38 AM
Avid

Hi RHDRAMA

I have been looking at the issues you are having and trying without success to recreate them on a slightly lower spec Mac Mini.

Can I confirm with you that you have Preferences > Audio set to Mixing or Producing? This option can be used when recording - it increases the buffer size and so may resolve your issues. The CPU meter will be active in empty sessions, but it should only be hovering around 3-5% with the Empty Session Template.

Can you also let me know approximately how many audio and instrument tracks you are using when you hit this problem.

Thanks,
Tim
Old 02-22-2011, 03:07 AM
Avid

Drivers for all SE bundled interfaces containing a fix for DAE error 720 are now available. If you are experiencing this issue, please download and install the latest driver for your device from:

http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=support&tab=driver