Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Mac)

Old 09-26-2009, 01:14 PM

Default Check the box before buying Fast Track Version of PT Essential!

Hmmmmmm, MY Fast Track doesn't look like this one at all:

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/FastTrack.html

Mine has no Phantom Power and no knobs on top, must be cleaning out old stock.

So, the new improved version of the Fast Track comes bundled with the same M-Powered PT Essential software that I bought as the "Pro Tools Recording Studio" and has phantom....

Oh well.......

bilco
Old 09-26-2009, 02:33 PM

Default Re: Check the box before buying Fast Track Version of PT Essential!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilco View Post
Hmmmmmm, MY Fast Track doesn't look like this one at all:

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/FastTrack.html

Mine has no Phantom Power and no knobs on top, must be cleaning out old stock.

So, the new improved version of the Fast Track comes bundled with the same M-Powered PT Essential software that I bought as the "Pro Tools Recording Studio" and has phantom....

Oh well.......

bilco
Did you just buy it? I would take it back...

Need mixes, mastering, guitar, keyboard or bass parts added to your tracks? Need custom songs/music written and produced for special occasions? Check out The Soundz Shop. Great work by pros with multi-platinum experience at excellent prices...
Old 09-26-2009, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaySoul View Post
Did you just buy it? I would take it back...
I already opened and installed the software, so that would be a point of contention with Best Buy. My wife could probably pull it off and get it done! The returns expert

In the grand scheme of things, not that big a deal.... I am either going to pass this on to the guitarist in our band who wants to record, but is computer challenged

or

I will give it to my niece

It was an experiment I didn't mind risking the $99 on just to see what it was. It IS remarkably stable, easy to install and has most of the features that I need as a songwriter. If it would let me use Melodyne and it had one Octane quality preamp and a DI, I would pretty much be set. The pre is a little anemic to push my SM7b and the gain on the DI is a little on the low side with a passive Pbass pickup. Still, it works pretty well for a sketchpad that I can save as a PT session then upload to esession.com to have better musicians and engineers than me add the other instruments and mix it.

bilco
Old 09-26-2009, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilco View Post
I already opened and installed the software, so that would be a point of contention with Best Buy. My wife could probably pull it off and get it done! The returns expert
No contention at all. Especially if you really wanted to keep the product. You'd just exchange it for one with the new box. If the newer FT has features the one you bought does not, I don't think it would be a problem. Unless, of course, it's alright with you...

Need mixes, mastering, guitar, keyboard or bass parts added to your tracks? Need custom songs/music written and produced for special occasions? Check out The Soundz Shop. Great work by pros with multi-platinum experience at excellent prices...
Old 10-02-2009, 05:14 PM

where did you get it ? i was looking for it at the sweetwater site - but i did not find it i wanted to buy it for my wife?
Avid Omni HD
MacPro 2.4 Xeon 8 core 24Giga
UAD-2 And most of the UAD plugins
All AAX DSP and Native Plugins (all most)
Tons of Hardware...:)
Old 10-02-2009, 06:58 PM

Best buy

You might try GC
Old 10-03-2009, 09:51 AM

If you are looking for the new Fast Track that has phantom power and comes bundled with PT Essential, I don't find it anywhere, not even at
M-Audio's web store.

If you are looking for the 3 new offerings, I am still not finding the packages available too much online; I think this is really aimed to be distributed at retail stores like Best Buy.

Online I found:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....ci_sku=9470609

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1218110869525 shows the OLD version of the Fast Track

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1218110869151

bilco
Old 10-06-2009, 02:50 AM

Take it back, mine has phantom power on it.

Founder of the Expert Sites.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:52 AM

Okay, you talked me into it. I am heading out to Best Buy to exchange it; wish me luck.
Old 10-06-2009, 09:54 AM

God bless Best Buy! They took it back and credited the $ back tomy Credit Card. Maybe they looked up my account and saw all the purchases I have made. They had 4 of the Fast Track/PT Essential packages on the shelf, but they were all the old model w/o phantom power. Now I just need to figure out where I can get my hands on the new model.....

Hmmmm, GC did not have the new version of the Fast Track with phantom power, not sure where to look next....