Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Mac)

Old 09-29-2009, 09:29 AM

Default Re: Comparison Chart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussUK View Post
Sorry guys I know at least two of you quite well, and I have to say I'm really disappointed with your attitude. It's childish at best and negative band-wagon riding at worst. I suggest you wise/grow up and start being the people I hoped you were. SERIOUSLY.
Quote:
Tom, I told you the score on the phone. Your endless posting makes me think you really DIDN'T listen, when you say Nobody is listening then it must also include you.
RussUK- I've seen you help a lot of people on the DUC. What is it about this thread that compels you to take the personal approach over the technical? Not interested in starting a war with you but the wise/grow up post is one of the most disgusting things I've ever read on the DUC. Were you assaulted by people holding comparison charts in your youth?
Old 09-30-2009, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundeziner View Post
RussUK- I've seen you help a lot of people on the DUC. What is it about this thread that compels you to take the personal approach over the technical? Not interested in starting a war with you but the wise/grow up post is one of the most disgusting things I've ever read on the DUC. Were you assaulted by people holding comparison charts in your youth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussUK View Post
Tom, I told you the score on the phone. Your endless posting makes me think you really DIDN'T listen, when you say Nobody is listening then it must also include you.
C'mon Russ, it has been many years. If I have missed something please enlighten me. You know that in our conversations, you wisely (as you should) avoided any divulgence of information that might offer a clue about anything that would fill the gap in the product line or make PT feature competitive with the competition. How can you say I'm not listening when there is nothing to hear? If you or anybody else has a single piece of information that I have missed then I will stand corrected. I will await a link or a Skype call from you with the information I missed so that I may (without posting details) publicly apologize for not listening.

Endless posting is a symptom of endless waiting. And I'm still waiting for the date and time of the meeting we discussed.

You are a real asset to Avid and I respect your position with them, but put yourself in the shoes of the uninformed masses for just a minute. I'd be happy to sign an NDA to know what you say you know. That would be the best way to shut me up if that's your goal. When others see that I have stopped asking questions perhaps they will become more comfortable just knowing that I have become so thrilled.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 01-02-2010, 08:39 PM

Pencil tool is available in Essential-I used it to edit volume levels.