Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Mac)

Old 04-07-2011, 12:59 PM
Avid

Default Re: "Access Violation" When Trying to Record

As o-dog says, the cause of the Access Violation issue experienced by users of recently introduced Mac models has now been identified. By default, these machines start up with Mac OS 10.6's 64-bit kernel as opposed to the 32-bit kernel used in the past.

We are looking at ways to resolve this issue, but in the meantime it can be worked around by starting up with the 32-bit kernel. For information on this visit:

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3773

Thanks for providing information to help us to identify this issue - please let us know if it resolves the problem that you are having.
Old 08-14-2011, 10:15 AM

Hi I'm having the same issue. I tried installing the PT_SE_803 patch and the installation window said it installed successfully but a seperate pop up window that said "System extension cannot be used" The system extension "/system/library/extensions/digiDal.kext" wass installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product's vendor for an update. I tried reinstalling it but keep getting this same pop up. Everytime I startup my computer I will get the same initial error message. I have a Imac 64 bit intel I3. Tried running my computer on 32 but was unsuccessful I have a wireless keyboard and holding the 3 and 2 during startup didn't work either. PLEASE HELP
Old 09-14-2011, 11:13 PM

Question Re: "Access Violation" When Trying to Record

I am having the exact same problem. I tried rebooting and holding 3 & 2 in startup but it had no effect. I am using M-Audio fast track Ultra on my iMac. Is this problem purely linked to Pro Tools SE? because i will happily purchase pro tools 9 if it will fix this problem. Thanks
Old 12-06-2014, 09:36 AM

Same here...with Pro tools 8 LE
Mboxpro 3 firewire.

osx Mountain Lion 10.8.5