Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Mac)

Old 04-04-2011, 03:18 AM

Default Re: Access Violation when trying to record or even playback!

I have not heard of a solution to the problem yet. I am still waiting for help from the Avid Product Design on this forum, like they promised already two weeks ago.

I bought also my Mac to use Pro Tools SE. These problems have been really disappointing.

Hope the problem will be solved soon.
Old 04-07-2011, 08:08 AM

You can grab an MBox 2 mini on Amazon for $194 and the 8 that came in the box works fine on the new Macbooks with 10.6.7...http://www.amazon.com/Digidesign-Por...2188885&sr=8-1 they ship it quick as hell too... Thats what I did..impatience + deal
Old 04-07-2011, 12:57 PM
Avid

The cause of the Access Violation issue experienced by users of recently introduced Mac models has now been identified. By default, these machines start up with Mac OS 10.6's 64-bit kernel as opposed to the 32-bit kernel used in the past.

We are looking at ways to resolve this issue, but in the meantime it can be worked around by starting up with the 32-bit kernel. For information on this visit:

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3773

Thanks for providing information to help us to identify this issue.
Old 04-08-2011, 11:57 AM

This fix appears to work, but for some reason now I can't get any sound. When I preview a demo song, that works... but when I actually open it up and push play, the slider will move as if it were playing but I don't hear any sound. Anyone know what this issue could be?
Old 04-11-2011, 06:12 AM
Avid

To hear sound in Pro Tools SE sessions, you will need to monitor using the attached Pro Tools SE audio interface (if you purchased a bundle either the USB Micro, FastTrack or Producer Mic). You can either plug the outputs of the device into monitor speakers or use the headphone output socket.

Let us know if you require additional assistance with this.