Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 08-21-2017, 09:58 PM

Default Re: EUcontrol 3.6 Auto-bank to selected track not working?

Hey All,

I have an Artist Cotrol (firmware 1.37) and I just installed EuControl 3.6.1 (from v3.3.2). Bank Follow was working great. Now, with this latest EUCON update... Its back to not working. I had this issue once before somewhere between 3.1.3 and 3.3.1, which is where that whole "Follow" selection came in. I saw that Simon was having the same issue. So, I thought I'd join this thread to see if there might be any resolution.

So, I see that Eddie mention that "Bank follow selection" (Mix and/or edit) should be set in both the EUCON configuration and the PT prefs. This is the case (which is the way it was with 3.3.2), but it went from working to not, in a click of the update. Exact same issues as Simon. I did however validate this after the new update.

However, unlike Simon, I'm on a Win7 Pro x64 OS (I'm a firm believer in "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"... now its broke (haha)

The initial workaround in that time frame (3.1 to 3.3), was to hold down the "WIN" key (equiv to the "MAC" key) while selecting the first desired track in the bank. This is still working in 3.3.6. A bit of an inconvenience, but it works (kinda cool if you need to tweak a track outside the bank on the Artist Control). But it appears that the prefs are being ignored.

So Eddie...I was wondering; You had posted a "Clean install" link for the MAC... do you have similar for Win 7? I would be willing to try that to see if that resolves the issue on Windows. Although with all the prior updates, I've never had an issue with the installs, they seem pretty thorough as far as cleaning up after themselves. But I was thinking... there might be some prefs file not being updated or somethin... or maybe needs to be deleted and re-created? Can you think of anything there?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Hope to hear from ya!
Old 10-26-2017, 08:19 AM

Default EUcontrol 3.6 Auto-bank to selected track not working?

I have the same problem. Pro Tools doesn’t bank when using Nudge on the Control surface. I’m using EuControl 3.3.2 on Pro Tools 10. I cant update to the latest EuControl version, because the meters on the surface doesn’t work after 3.3.2

Is there any remedy to this as of now?

Last edited by Impervious; 10-28-2017 at 05:29 AM.
Old 02-28-2018, 02:08 PM

just installed 3.7 and still can't get auto-bank to selected track to work with Protools control app 3.7.0.134 on Mac.

This feature did work at one point yes? This is not some asinine business decision by Avid to up-sell us to hardware correct?
Old 02-28-2018, 02:11 PM

Default EUcontrol 3.6 Auto-bank to selected track not working?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuckerMix View Post
just installed 3.7 and still can't get auto-bank to selected track to work with Protools control app 3.7.0.134 on Mac.

This feature did work at one point yes? This is not some asinine business decision by Avid to up-sell us to hardware correct?

It hasn’t worked since 3.4 for me despite a clean install! I would love to have that back again ... so much more unnecessary extra scrolling ... what system are you running?
Mac Pro 2x2.8 ghz Intel Zeon, 20 gig ram, Yosemite 10.10.5, Pro Tools 10,11,12.7.1, Logic Pro X 10.2, UA Apollo 16 quad, UA Octo Pcies, Dangerous Music 2 Bus, Antelope Audio Satori, Lynx Studio Hilo, Neve 542, Neve 511, API 505 DI, Bettermaker CV502. Avid Artist Mix, Avid Artist Control, Softube Console 1 mk11.
Old 02-28-2018, 02:35 PM
Avid

I'm pretty sure this never worked. 3.4 was when the Dock first came out. This thread has a few different issues from PT not banking to Artist to Control App so I'm presuming the last 2 commnet were the Control App?

Edit: You can see in the universe view what track was last clicked on and its just a tap in the universe to focus the faders.
Old 02-28-2018, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
I'm pretty sure this never worked. 3.4 was when the Dock first came out. This thread has a few different issues from PT not banking to Artist to Control App so I'm presuming the last 2 commnet were the Control App?

Edit: You can see in the universe view what track was last clicked on and its just a tap in the universe to focus the faders.

In my case, yes I was referring to the Artist Mix / Artist Control and not at all to the app ... nonetheless I would be very grateful to have that functionality back and as soon as possible
Mac Pro 2x2.8 ghz Intel Zeon, 20 gig ram, Yosemite 10.10.5, Pro Tools 10,11,12.7.1, Logic Pro X 10.2, UA Apollo 16 quad, UA Octo Pcies, Dangerous Music 2 Bus, Antelope Audio Satori, Lynx Studio Hilo, Neve 542, Neve 511, API 505 DI, Bettermaker CV502. Avid Artist Mix, Avid Artist Control, Softube Console 1 mk11.
Old 02-28-2018, 05:45 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjewel View Post
In my case, yes I was referring to the Artist Mix / Artist Control and not at all to the app ... nonetheless I would be very grateful to have that functionality back and as soon as possible
This is working here so I suspect it a combination of settings. Make sure you dont have any layouts or tracks assigned and the pref in EuControl is on.
Old 02-28-2018, 05:47 PM

I was referring to the control app on iPad actually. Using with Cubase 9.5. Eucon auto-bank setting is checked but it doesn't work, app faders aren't scrolled by Cubase.
Old 02-28-2018, 05:49 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuckerMix View Post
I was referring to the control app on iPad actually. Using with Cubase 9.5. Eucon auto-bank setting is checked but it doesn't work, app faders aren't scrolled by Cubase.
Correct that setting has always been for hardware strips. I dont think there's anything stopping us adding it in the future.
Old 02-28-2018, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
This is working here so I suspect it a combination of settings. Make sure you dont have any layouts or tracks assigned and the pref in EuControl is on.

All is as you suggest ... I cannot fathom why this stopped working ... Any ideas would be more than welcome