Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Old 07-21-2013, 09:36 AM

Default "Out of Bounds" / "Invalid bounds" bug still exists!

Never had this problem before Pro Tools 10.6 and Pro Tools 11. But it still exists! Two tracks with essentially the same guitar signal (one a pickup and the other a mic) have 7 seconds of silence at the beginning. Pro Tools CARVED OFF the first seven seconds of one of the two tracks. So one track starts with sound immediately. Problem is: the waveform drawing still shows the silence so i have to try and "guess" how to align the two again. Doesn't matter if I open in 10.6 or 11- both do the same thing. And to be clear: Pro Tools is PERMANENTLY altering the source file whether I choose to save the session or not! Further, when I tried to consolidate two clips in the same wave file, Pro Tools hung and stalled. Really guys: why has this problem been around so long without a real fix?
BTW: Windows 7 Pro.
Old 07-21-2013, 12:34 PM

Default Re: "Out of Bounds" / "Invalid bounds" bug still exists!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12StringJ View Post
Never had this problem before Pro Tools 10.6 and Pro Tools 11. But it still exists! Two tracks with essentially the same guitar signal (one a pickup and the other a mic) have 7 seconds of silence at the beginning. Pro Tools CARVED OFF the first seven seconds of one of the two tracks. So one track starts with sound immediately. Problem is: the waveform drawing still shows the silence so i have to try and "guess" how to align the two again. Doesn't matter if I open in 10.6 or 11- both do the same thing. And to be clear: Pro Tools is PERMANENTLY altering the source file whether I choose to save the session or not! Further, when I tried to consolidate two clips in the same wave file, Pro Tools hung and stalled. Really guys: why has this problem been around so long without a real fix?
BTW: Windows 7 Pro.
Hi, I've never seen this problem myself, but it'll be difficult to solve without more info. What interface are you using? Does it happen with a different interface or on a different pc? Make sure you go through all the optimizations here and post a SANDRA as described:

Help us Help You - READ THIS Before Posting!

I'm assuming you're recording the direct and miked gtr tracks at the same time? (same instrument, but 2 very different signals!)

Thanks,

Chris

Pro Tools 2024.3

Focusrite LS56
Focusrite Pro40 (3)
Slate Digital VRS8
Analogue Tonebuss 24 Channel
UAD-2 OCTO Core Accelerator
UAD Volt 2
macOS 10.15.7
32 GB DDR4 RAM
4.01GHz Quad-Core Intel Core I7