Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2007, 02:51 AM

Default Mbox Pro Dae Error -6006 Boot Camp

I have some plug-ins that are not on os x and was hoping to use windows. I have been trying to get my mbox 2 pro to work on Windows but getting Dae error -6006 on Pro tools startup every time. I am using an iMac aluminum with Bootcamp, Pro tools LE 7.3.1cs4, XP pro SP2. I don't have any problems running Pro tools on OS X but windows is not working at all, which is very interesting since its the same hardware. It seems like a firewire issue cause I was using an Mbox 1 a week ago under boot camp fine. I have tried many things but cant get pro tools to load past "dae loaded",after 10 seconds the Dae error -6006 comes up.

Is anyone having the same problems as me and is there anything to fix this. I called digidesign tech support and they told me they didn't want to waste any time on me as Boot Camp isn't supported yet and its not fair to others who should get support time cause they use supported operating systems. I guess its fair for me shelling out $700 plus another $1300 for DV toolkit 2 and not being able to use boot camp which I have never seen anywhere that its not supported. Anyway would appreciate any help, thanks!

iMac Aluminum
24" 2.4 ghz
Mbox 2 Pro
Pro Tools LE 7.3.1cs4
Boot Camp Windows XP Pro
Old 09-28-2007, 06:18 PM

Default Re: Mbox Pro Dae Error -6006 Boot Camp

Bump!
Old 11-05-2008, 06:57 PM

yeah i have the same problem with bootcamo i cant load pro tools LE on windows under bootcamp i cant use the pro tools but on my OS X runs flawless and its true we buy expensive stuff from digidesign and they say its not supported yet..that's b.......
well i hope someone with enough intelligence will be able to help us out..
iMac 5
24" 2.4 ghz
Mbox 2 Pro
Pro Tools LE 7.4.1cs4
Boot Camp Windows XP Pro
Pro tools Le 7.4 cs7
Old 01-19-2009, 07:38 PM

It's is very strange... Protools runs ok in OS X 10.5.6 but when i switch to windows with the partition i creat using bootcamp, it never loads and comes out the frustraiting massage of "Dae error 6006"

Is Digidesign going to help us ??? because this DAE 6006 problem it's
making me crazy Like Teeck said, buying from digidesign and Apple is not really ship so ... Any one that comes out with something that can solve this problem will be our hero
Old 01-21-2009, 11:25 PM

oh c'mon digi, please fix that
Old 01-22-2009, 09:41 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by echoe View Post
oh c'mon digi, please fix that
First, make sure you're on Service Pack 2 and that you have the additional dual-core hotfix available from the Windows General Troubleshooting thread.

Check that you do not have the Windows sound control panel set to use your Digi hardware - if it is, it can cause this error.

You may also want to do the other optimizations in the General Troubleshooting thread, as they may help - at the very least they'll improve performance and possibly help you avoid other issues.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:40 AM

And before you blame DIGI for this, remember that Windows requires all its own drivers to work all the hardware and sadly, your XP disk may not have all that you need. I can tell that my bootcamp setup on a Mac Pro shows(under Control Panel>Syetem>Hardware>Device Manager) that some hardware has the yellow flag next to it which means XP does not have drivers for those items. Bootcamp is a cool idea but its not exactly perfect yet.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 01-30-2009, 12:19 AM

hi

i do not have the Windows sound control panel set to Digi hardware

no yellow flag in device manager

i'm under xp sp3 and as i read, dual-core hotfix is included in sp3....

another idea?
Old 01-30-2009, 01:53 PM

Hi all,

I had the same problem myself with my imac under Bootcamp XP and my Mbox2 pro.
I had to buy an mbox USB 2nd hand as I need to work in both platforms from time to time.
Ive tried all of the solutions, even installing Vista to see if it worked, but all to no avail .Its cost me a lot of extra time and money, thinking apple was the way to go!
This is deffo a Windows bootcamp firewire driver problem and it would be lovely if Digi could look at same.
When I emailed them recently re this issue they told me they did not support Bootcamp, and couldnt help.. Thud!
Any ideas would be great because its driving me mad having to re-config and rewire my hardware all the time!!

Old 02-05-2009, 03:08 PM

Well it's look like spending $3,000 in this imac 24" 2.4/2gb/320gb with the mbox pro 2, take me no where. This is not our responsability, and out there is a lot of people with the same problem and guess what ?? it's your responsability to fix this frustraiting problem. I don't want to use protools in osx cause i use programs like logic on that platform. I want to use protools on the windows platform, that's why i install bootcamp and buy a $200.00 windows xp licence. what's funny is that i use a Dell that run flawless in my work (radio) here in Puerto Rico and i buy for my home this imac cause!! it's too platforms in one computer. Well i think i make a huge mistake so... If digidesign don't fix this "6006" issue, what are we are going to do Listen digidesign, i love working on protools but.. if i have to switch to other program because you don't have answers to this situation, maybe i lost $3000.00 but you for shure will lost a customer.