Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)

Old 06-24-2013, 08:52 PM

Default turning off "External" monitor on OMNI

I've got my spdif input on the OMNI set up as an External monitor input on the mixer tab in the hardware setup. Very handy to listen to my computer when protools is off. BUT I also use this path as a reverb return in Protools and a way to patch my old HD1 rig into new sessions as well. Is there an easy way to turn the MIXER input off (so my computer sound isn't chiming while working in Protools or it's phasing since I've got it on an aux input in my template as well)? Other than opening the hardware setup and turning the mon buttons off? Is there a way to do it from the OMNI itself?
Old 06-24-2013, 11:19 PM

Default Re: turning off "External" monitor on OMNI

I don't know of any way to turn it off on the Omni itself.

I'm a little confused by your description, so I'm not sure I can offer a solution. The only thing I can think of, is if you use an audio track, then in the mixer section you can select "mutes mixer input". Then, anytime on that audio track, when you press the record arm button, or the input monitoring button, it automatically mutes whatever was coming through the mixer. Maybe there's a way to set up what you need using an audio track that way, instead of an aux track.
Old 06-25-2013, 07:10 PM

Default Re: turning off "External" monitor on OMNI

Thanks for the response nst7. That does get me half way there when routing my computer (or old HD rig) into the digital inputs. Using an audio channel for that is not that big a deal. Kind of a pain if I need to have the hardware reverb coming in on an audio channel on input though.

Thanks again.