Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2011, 09:46 AM

Default Native + Sync I/O?

Is it possible to use the old Sync I/O with the HD Native card? I just picked up a used Sync I/O off craiglist for a good price, but can't get my PTHD9 Native rig to see it. I've got the serial cable connected to the Native card and the Sync I/O, but Setup->Peripherals isn't recognizing that the Sync is connected.

Has anyone set up a system like this that could help? Is it possibly a firmware issue on the Sync I/O? I can't seem to find any installers on the Avid site for the Sync I/O so I assume any extra drivers etc. it needs are already included in the PT9 install, but obviously I'm missing something!
Old 03-01-2011, 10:24 AM

Default Re: Native + Sync I/O?

You need to run the digitest application in the protools utilities folder.

Fire that up and from within it you can update the firmware to the latest version v121

I don't have a HD Native card here but the sync io is still working with our newer PCIe HD, Snow Leopard, latest 8 core Macs and V9.01 PT. I would have thought it would be OK with a HD native card, but that is just an assumption.
Old 03-01-2011, 01:11 PM

Default Re: Native + Sync I/O?

Thanks, got it working. Was user error on my part, once I had it connected correctly Digitest and Pro Tools both saw the Sync I/O and updated the firmware.