Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2002, 09:28 PM

Default Re: "Be There" - Who does it?

Dave -

I'm a friend of Thorne's and Steve Hanson. I heard your work on the Blue99 stuff - very nice!!!

For anyone interested, BLU99 check this out -

BigRedButton / Jackson Jackson
www.jacksonbjackson.com
Old 08-01-2002, 04:47 AM

Thanks so much for clearing that up, Dave! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-01-2002, 08:36 AM

I wasn't making fun of the music or your music career, Dave. I was making fun of the hair and the leather jacket. Rent to pay or not, there was never an excuse for that.

Then again, I'm sure many of the people who own Digi products have a high school yearbook photo that looks just like that. So don't take it personally.

Also, I noticed in your DUC profile that your Occupation lists you as "General Manager, Digidesign."

Ladies and gentleman, may I introduce to you the boss man, the new head of Digidesign.

Congrats and welcome aboard.

Also: since you provided us with a nice musical resume, can you provide us with some idea of your past business experience prior to your role as head of Digidesign?

--Erik
Old 08-01-2002, 09:11 PM

I just realized that I've seen Dave perform. I was at that Serious Moonlight tour back in '83. I saw 'em at Foxboro stadium near Boston. Of course, from where I was seated, Dave looked about an inch tall, but I have seen him! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-01-2002, 09:30 PM

HOLY CRAP! You run Digidesign? There are so many questions that I want to ask you. Blow me off if you wish, but I've still gotta take a shot.

Will PTLE support Rewire 2 in the near future? If not I need to put Reason2 on ebay, because I've decided to stick with the PTLE until it becomes 100% PC and 100% native. Do you think that will take more or less than five years? [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

P.S. Erik is brown nosing now, but I hope you've heard all the mud he's been slinging on the DUC lately. How do you feel about him saying that he would not stand by and watch Digidesign screw it's windows customers for the 100th time? Does that make you happy or sad?

Quote:
Posted by Erik;
Ladies and gentleman, may I introduce to you the boss man, the new head of Digidesign.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">
Old 08-02-2002, 04:56 AM

Apaulos,

straight characters sometimes sound rude but that must not mean that they are ahs.
I even suppose that if more leaders of industry and bank business had been like him we wouldn´t have economy standing near to a recession as it is now.
I hope that BF and Digi are going to continue cooperation. Better for them, better for us.

Lalaman
Old 04-20-2013, 09:57 PM

I'm awakening this dead thread :)

I've always wondered where that "Be There" demo session came from.

What I also find very interesting is that while converting a stack of my old cd's to lossless recently, I came across the 4 Non Blondes - Morphine & Chocolate track.

Slow down "Be There" by about 4x and see what you get mixed in with that track. I thought I heard it before.

I still use a Nubus PT 3.2 rig and several PT 4.1-5.x TDM setups. Self taught over the years and spent many hours with that "demo" tune. Thanks!