Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2020, 11:51 AM

Default Undelete Project?

Hi folks.

Long time PT user, new to First (long story, just helping a friend with their project). Getting used to its limitations... and oh, the limitations...

Was trying to record something sorta free-form, and was getting around the 15 minute and no playlists limits by having multiple tracks instead and flipping down to the next track when we got to around 10 minutes of recording time on the previous track. I would then consolidate the regions from the different tracks and export them in sequence, “Region 1”, “Region 2”, etc. Somehow I managed to export three regions from the three tracks we recorded, all different names, but regions 2 and 3 contain the same audio; this doesn’t make sense because all regions would have been exported at the same time, and there were no duplicate regions, so who knows how two separate audio files have the same audio but should have been related to two different selected regions.. Shame on me for not double-checking first, but I then deleted the project once the files were exported.

I’ve checked the local cache but of course that just has the session file and not the audio. I’m wondering if the audio might still be somewhere in a hidden local file (on a Mac running OS Catalina), or if Avid can recover files that have been recently deleted from Cloud storage (the project would have been deleted Friday).

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!
Old 12-08-2020, 11:52 AM

Default Re: Undeterred project?

UNDELETE project should have been the title. Damn you autocorrect.
Old 12-09-2020, 11:39 AM

Default Re: Undelete Project?

Well, glad to report the issue has been solved.

Having said that:
-still a mystery as to how two different labels were applied to the same region, but ONLY on export. It could certainly have been my mistake, but sometimes I edit audiobooks so I’m well used to batch labelling and exporting. Three piddly regions shouldn’t have messed me up.
-I THOUGHT I unwisely deleted the project, when it seems that the Cloud just didn’t let me have access to it for no good reason. It wasn’t displayed yesterday, it’s there today. Re-exported everything and NOW it seems right. This ones definitely not on me, and it’s stupid that with no local project/session storage the Cloud will decide whether you can open your project or not.