Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2023, 01:02 PM

Default Re: Plugins compatible with Apple Silicon natively

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklyn View Post
The PA installation manager is absolutely rubbish. You don't see any version numbers and you can't tell whether there are new updates that you haven't installed yet. And the compatibility informations are often wrong. F.e many Plug Ins are still marked as excl. AAX even though they are now AAX compatible. That such a big, successful company can't do that right.

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Old 10-08-2023, 01:11 PM

Quote:
The PA installation manager is absolutely rubbish. You don't see any version numbers and you can't tell whether there are new updates that you haven't installed yet. And the compatibility informations are often wrong. F.e many Plug Ins are still marked as excl. AAX even though they are now AAX compatible. That such a big, successful company can't do that right.
I'd say that you should probably not expect the PA installation manager to make great improvements. Native Instruments has already said months ago that they plan to have all of the member companies distributing through Native Access. It seems to be going slowly, but I already have to log in to iZotope through an NI portal (which is a pain, b/c my computer wants to autofill my NI login, but they still want the iZotope login). So, if any improvements come to the PA Installer, that's great, but I would expect that the focus is on migrating them into Native Access.

Mac Studio Ultra : 128GB RAM : Ventura 13.6 : Carbon : PT Ultimate 2023.12 : S1 : Metagrid Pro
Old 10-09-2023, 10:32 AM

Quote:
That such a big, successful company can't do that right.
The fact that they're so big seems to contribute heavily to the problem. If they were serving only a dozen plugins this would have been sorted many months ago.
Old 10-17-2023, 04:15 PM

Got an email from STL Tones / Ignite Amps about Libra and nadIR:

Quote:
both NadIR and Libra are currently not compatible with Apple Silicon natively, they'll work through Rosetta 2.
An updated version of Libra featuring native Silicon support is in the works, but we don't have any official release date yet (hopefully within the end of the year).
There are currently no plans to update NadIR for Silicon at the moment, but this may change later down the line.
Anyone have suggestions for a good IR loader?
Old 10-18-2023, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Pfeifer View Post

I've been using Space that comes with Pro Tools. Does the trick for me.
Old 10-18-2023, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikemyrealname View Post
I've been using Space that comes with Pro Tools. Does the trick for me.
Did Avid ever sort out the folddown issue with certain channel configs? It's been years since I checked, but last I knew all 4 IRs in a st-st config were being folded down to mono across both left and right.

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Old 10-18-2023, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Pfeifer View Post

The one in the new version of NI's Guitar Rig (7 Pro?) is surprisingly really good. I never thought I'd be typing that sentence, but it's true.

Mac Studio Ultra : 128GB RAM : Ventura 13.6 : Carbon : PT Ultimate 2023.12 : S1 : Metagrid Pro
Old 10-21-2023, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoeMusic View Post
It looks like the BX_CrispyTuner has finally made it to the list. It's not showing in the changelog but the new version is now 1.1.0 and it was version 1.0.3. I never thought this one would make the list.
+1

It´s Universal and showing up in PT Silicon Native as it is supposed to.
Old 10-25-2023, 10:16 AM

Anyone know what’s up with Audioease? It’s been a year since PT has gone M1 compatible and also over a year since they’ve updated Speakerphone. I’m sure they’re busy adding IRs to Altiverb or whatever but how about an update for the people who spent hundreds on their software in good faith?
Old 10-25-2023, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUElight AudioMedia View Post
Anyone know what’s up with Audioease? It’s been a year since PT has gone M1 compatible and also over a year since they’ve updated Speakerphone. I’m sure they’re busy adding IRs to Altiverb or whatever but how about an update for the people who spent hundreds on their software in good faith?
I know this thread is 80 pages long, but look at the last 5 or so. Audio Ease's development is ongoing, and some people recently got betas of Altiverb 8 (silicon native) to test. We all wish it were faster, but there is some creeping progress behind the scenes.