Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2014, 05:31 PM

Default SC 48 Physical Memory Dump Blue Screen

Hi all, I'm new to the forums, was wondering if anyone has encountered the issue I am having with My SC48.

The console works well for the most part, but on 3 occasions in the last 2 months or so it has Failed on me mid show.

The surface becomes unresponsive and Tab selection
in the Gui also becomes very sluggish taking 2/4 seconds to respond to mouse input, shortly after the the console Blue screens and starts a "physical memory dump".
After the process has reached 100% the console remains on this screen until you hard reset it, I holds audio in and out while frozen but the surface will enter "backup mode"and is completely unreunresponsive parameter changes from faders or rotors.

Any Idea's?
Old 12-07-2014, 11:06 AM

Default Re: SC 48 Physical Memory Dump Blue Screen

Hi, and welcome!

This is not normal, you should contact Venue support ASAP. They will help you sort this out, they will ask you to send in log files ect and will work with you to sort this out.

VENUE support numbers are:

US: +1 650-237-1711
LATAM: +1 954-746-0956
Europe: 01753 659 500 / +44 1753 659 500
Korea: 82 2 782 4215
China: 86 10 67096127
Japan: 81 3 3505 6138
Old 12-22-2014, 02:35 PM

dec 22 - mine just took the physical memory dump, too.
On hold now.....

This is not good.
Old 12-24-2014, 04:04 PM

Mine did this as well. Started off as a once in awhile thing but eventually became very problematic. It did the blue screen thing and memory dump during a 12 mix monitor show. Luckily it passed audio and the artists were none the wiser. A quick swap of the hard drive and a fresh install of the venue software, plugins, and ethernet software and the problem hasn't come back in several months. Tech support was great. Hard drive was just a Best Buy sata laptop drive. Hope this helps.
Old 12-26-2014, 06:33 PM

What did support say the problem was? Curious about this.
Old 12-28-2014, 04:53 PM

All we could come up with was that they were symptoms of a hard drive failing either do to being banged around a bit or age. My SC48 is from the first run back when they offered two different power supply options so the desk has logged a pile of hours. We weren't able to narrow the problem down any further and due to the fact that the HD was $80 or so I didn't feel like putting much more effort into it. Sorry that I can't be more specific. But the desk has been 100% stable since.

Troubleshooting that had already been done prior to calling:
- fresh software install/plugins
- reseat of all internal connections

Eric
Old 12-30-2014, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Ross View Post
All we could come up with was that they were symptoms of a hard drive failing either do to being banged around a bit or age. My SC48 is from the first run back when they offered two different power supply options so the desk has logged a pile of hours. We weren't able to narrow the problem down any further and due to the fact that the HD was $80 or so I didn't feel like putting much more effort into it. Sorry that I can't be more specific. But the desk has been 100% stable since.

Troubleshooting that had already been done prior to calling:
- fresh software install/plugins
- reseat of all internal connections

Eric
Thanks for the info! We currently carry a pretty beat up and older c48 and a now year old Profile. I'm always looking for problems with these desks so if one over does occur i can at least have a little info on it. I've heard the hard drives are usually the first thing to die on them other then fader banks.
Old 01-03-2015, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisHeinold View Post
Thanks for the info! We currently carry a pretty beat up and older c48 and a now year old Profile. I'm always looking for problems with these desks so if one over does occur i can at least have a little info on it. I've heard the hard drives are usually the first thing to die on them other then fader banks.
We've replaced 1 spinning platter drive in our SC48 and the current drive is going on 3 years old. We're replacing it with SSD (Samsung EVO 840).