Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2010, 10:22 AM

Default PT8,DVTK2 and MC5 for ADR,Foley,etc...

Hi all,

Please forgive me if this has been threaded already, I couldn't find it.

I was happily transferring my SD project via AAF to PT8 from MC5 using DVTK2 and MOJO SDI. NOW, I have to do sound work for HD footage that has been edited in MC5.

I can't see HD video in MOJO SDI (obviously as it's for SD workflows) but I have purchased the Matrox MX02 mini to be used with MC5. Also, PT8 will not recognize MX02 mini on bootup and freezes on INITIALIZING VIDEO ENGINE. So, I have to unplug MX02 mini, reconnect MOJO SDI to get PT8 to boot, afterwhich I can't see the HD footage.

My question is, is there a way to stop this insanity and get PT8 to play nice with MX02 mini so I can sound design/correct my HD footage with the AAF file I have created with MC5.

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-05-2010, 02:14 PM

Default Re: PT8,DVTK2 and MC5 for ADR,Foley,etc...

Short answer, no, the MX-02 isnt supported with Protools for HD playback. The Blackmagic Decklink series of cards is.

Frustrating, I know. I'm in the same boat, but reversed. I have a decklink for Vid sat LE and have MC5 but look like I have to buy an MX02 to get HDMI output from MC when my decklink card does a wonderful job in PT.

Your only option is to transcode your media to SD, DVPAL or DVNTSC should be fastest. The MojoSDI just isnt a HD video peripheral and the MAatrox box isnt supported by PT.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:49 PM

Default Re: PT8,DVTK2 and MC5 for ADR,Foley,etc...

Ok, got the scoop from our man at AVID for a single computer configuration and dual monitors

1. Export out of MC5 in DNx format (quicktime wrap) and open the AAF file in PT8/9
2. In a dual computer monitor configuration, use the SECOND monitor as your quicktime playback and the FIRST monitor for your PT session.
3. Make sure that MOJO SDI and MATROX MX02 mini has been disconnected/shutoff

Voila, there should be on your second monitor a flexible workaround.

He also stated that as of now, on a qualified HP system, Avid is working on trying to make the MATROX MX02 mini function with PT8/9. Availability TBA.

Now, let me go try this work-around out... Let me know what your results are...