Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 09-30-2020, 09:08 AM
Avid

Default Re: s1&dock&eucon issues with Cubase 10.5

Bug found and fixed for next release. It had to do with the .5 in the name.
Old 02-20-2024, 10:27 AM

Default Re: s1&dock&eucon issues with Cubase 10.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
4) the editor, plz guys, yes things got better in 6-7 years after i left artist mix etc....but the editor is like a joke from 80s. you can't copy and paste, you can't search, there is even not a alphabetical order. There are soooo many eucon commands, it should be easier to navigate and program, the editor is almost the same as 6-7 years ago. - Yep, we have some ideas on how we will change this but it may take a little longer.
Hi Eddie,

It's been about 3.3 years since the above and I think the situation is the same (actually I've seen requests go back years earlier).

Has there been at least any progress behind the scenes on this? Trying to set things up is just painful using this app, and it's a bit difficult to believe it would take this long to simply update the GUI of the app.

I get that this app is free, but many of us rely on it to control Pro Tools and the control surfaces we get from you guys so it really could use some support and development on this issue - because it actually affects the usability of those other products. In other words it's not just about the app itself.

For the record: I've noted exactly the same things as the poster (OP) you quoted above:

1 - not even alphabetical order means it's very cumbersome to find the correct commands using a million menus and tiny text.

2 - a search function would help

3 - copy/paste between soft keys. This is somewhat important because you can perhaps imagine a situation where you've cobbled together a long-ish string of commands with the cumbersome process we have (due to the previous two points) and then at some point you wish to move your commands around on the page or even to a different page; it's a pain because you now have to recreate them all. A simple copy/paste would solve that.

m

PS: I love the gear and the app, don't get me wrong, but that makes it all the more frustrating having to 'fight it'.

PPS: Yes, I know the xml files can be edited, but come on..