Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Third Party Interfaces

Old 04-30-2017, 04:06 PM

Thumbs up Focusrite Clarett Windows Running Well :-)

I just upgraded my Windows PC and wanted to give Thunderbolt a try, so I picked up a Focusrite Clarett 4Pre to replace my ageing FireWire interface.

My PC has a TB3 port, so I'm using an Apple TB3 to TB2 adapter. Installation was simple and Focusrite Control works well. I run my system at 48Khz with a 128 buffer and the latency is low enough to track with plugins. Everything is working well with PT with no dropouts or clicks/pops.

FireWire was good, but TB is definitely better.

Anyone else running Clarrett or other TB interfaces?

System Details
Old 04-30-2017, 07:19 PM

Default Re: Focusrite Clarett Windows Running Well :-)

Yep, same set up. W10, Clarett 4pre. TB Adapter. All good here too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 10-27-2017, 01:21 PM

Hey guys. I just got my new PC build up and running and I am having some issues getting the focusrite clarett 4 pre to work with pro tools 12.5.2 The thunderbolt card was activated in the bios and is recognized by windows 10 pro and the clarett 4pre. The message I get after launching pro tools is "pro tools could not initialize the current playback device, please make sure the device has been configured correctly". I am using the only driver available on the focusrite site, 2.1.4 and I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it with no luck. Did you guys have to do any special configuring to get the 4 pre to work with pro tools? I am using the apple thunderbolt 3 to thunderbolt 2 adapter with my asus x99 deluxe ii and the asus ex3 thunderbolt card that came with the motherboard.
Old 10-27-2017, 03:10 PM

Welcome to the Community

Have you tried launching PT with the N key held down and choose the Clarett when the popup window appears, That usually forces PT to take hold of the Interface.

Let us know what happens.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 10-27-2017, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibrochump View Post
Hey guys. I just got my new PC build up and running and I am having some issues getting the focusrite clarett 4 pre to work with pro tools 12.5.2 The thunderbolt card was activated in the bios and is recognized by windows 10 pro and the clarett 4pre. The message I get after launching pro tools is "pro tools could not initialize the current playback device, please make sure the device has been configured correctly". I am using the only driver available on the focusrite site, 2.1.4 and I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it with no luck. Did you guys have to do any special configuring to get the 4 pre to work with pro tools? I am using the apple thunderbolt 3 to thunderbolt 2 adapter with my asus x99 deluxe ii and the asus ex3 thunderbolt card that came with the motherboard.
My guess is that Windows or something else is accessing the interface. Go to Sounds in the Control Panel and be sure the Clarett is NOT selected as the default playback device.

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 3-6-18)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 10-28-2017, 07:23 AM

Hey guys thanks for the help, those suggestions did the trick. My new system is finally up and running. So far so good using thunderbolt with windows 10 pro and the clarett 4pre. And pro tools 12.8.2 r2 seems to be working good as well. Obviously a lot more testing to come. I was on 12.5.2 for a long time, so hopefully they have most of the bugs worked out:) Thanks again.
Old 03-07-2018, 05:09 PM

I just got my clarett 4pre but for some reason my audio is clicking and popping. From watching YouTube videos to working in FL Studio, clicking and popping noise. Any suggestions?
Old 03-19-2018, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalx Dubai View Post
I just got my clarett 4pre but for some reason my audio is clicking and popping. From watching YouTube videos to working in FL Studio, clicking and popping noise. Any suggestions?
Not sure what sample rate you are running at, but as a first step, I would increase the buffer. I have to run 256 on my system; anything lower and I get clicking and popping. If that doesn't work, try a lower sample rate as well. You might have to play around with these two settings until you figure out what your system can handle.

System Details