Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 01-27-2021, 12:59 PM

Default Re: Kontact Player no sound?

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
If the player gui is the same as the full version do this:
Go to the top of the Kontakt Player gui and starting at about the middle of the top row you will see a floppy disc icon, to the right of that is a gear icon and click on the icon to the right of the gear icon. Select 'keyboard' and that will show the keyboard at the bottom.

When you routed the output to Kontakt Player did you select the MIDI channel that the library is on? Normally in Kontakt the first instrument is on MIDI channel 1.

Like I asked earlier - do you have any other libraries you can use in Kontakt player?

You do know how to use Kontakt right?
I also have the bernard herman spitfire audio toolkit. it is not getting sound either. But I am getting sound from the keyboard in kontact. It seems somehow my midid keyboard isn't triggring it?

Yes I know how to use Kontact, though your question implies I dont, so maybe not?
Catalina OS
ProTools 2020.12
Scarlett Focusrite
+ Saving to External Harddrive

http://MayMcDonoughMusic.com
Old 01-27-2021, 03:24 PM

Default Re: Kontact Player no sound?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bifbangpow View Post
I also have the bernard herman spitfire audio toolkit. it is not getting sound either. But I am getting sound from the keyboard in kontact. It seems somehow my midid keyboard isn't triggring it?

Yes I know how to use Kontact, though your question implies I dont, so maybe not?
Could be your MIDI keyboard is not triggering Kontakt. I'd grab the free MIDI monitoring utility called snoize. It will tell you definitively what your keyboard is sending. I find it helpful for finding issues with MIDI and outboard gear. Run it standalone. Being you are able to get sounds using the Kontakt keyboard shows that the outgoing audio path is working.

I had to ask if you knew how to use Kontakt. There are so many things that don't add up here coming from your side. Like I said - make sure your keyboard and Kontakt are communicating on the same MIDI channel - there are 16 channels on one MIDI stream.

QAPLA!