Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 08-20-2011, 02:05 AM

Default If I want to add more bars to a song....

If i wish to add ,say, an extra number of bars to the start or even the middle of a song( i usually do this using the shuffle function), how do I keep all the tempo changes,meter changes and markers attached to the appropriate part of the song?
At the moment, after adding the extra bars, all the above markers remain in the same bar number locations (which after adding the extra bars are not then in the correct position any longer).
I need to have the tempo meter changes and markers follow the appropriate bars even after adding introductory bars. This would save me having to re do all the tempo and meter change and marker positions individually.
Hope this isn't too convoluted a question. I'm sure Pro Tools has the facility to allow this to be done but don't know exactly where to start looking.
Old 08-20-2011, 02:50 AM

Default Re: If I want to add more bars to a song....

Event>Time Operations>add time
Old 08-20-2011, 03:45 AM

You must Shift+click in the marker/tempo rulers to include them when shuffling stuff around.
Old 08-21-2011, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT Lover View Post
You must Shift+click in the marker/tempo rulers to include them when shuffling stuff around.
Sorry to sound thick, PT Lover but I'm not sure exactly what you mean. Exactly what should I do to keep the tempo,marker and meter changes in alignment with the corrects bits?
Say I wanted to add two bars to a section several bars just after the song start.
Normally I would click 'all' then copy and paste two blank bars into the required bit of the song (after of course selecting 'shuffle') .So when or how exactly do I Shift + click in the marker/tempo rulers ?
Or if as the other poster suggests I add time using the time operations function what settings exactly would I select in 'add time' (and which settings should I NOT touch?)
Old 08-21-2011, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by speminalium8 View Post
Sorry to sound thick, PT Lover but I'm not sure exactly what you mean. Exactly what should I do to keep the tempo,marker and meter changes in alignment with the corrects bits?
Say I wanted to add two bars to a section several bars just after the song start.
Normally I would click 'all' then copy and paste two blank bars into the required bit of the song (after of course selecting 'shuffle') .So when or how exactly do I Shift + click in the marker/tempo rulers ?
Or if as the other poster suggests I add time using the time operations function what settings exactly would I select in 'add time' (and which settings should I NOT touch?)
If you use the method where you select all tracks, go into shuffle mode, and paste some blank bars into place, you need to shift-click in the rulers before you paste.

Now, with Insert time, you can leave it at its default settings. So, for the realignment options it would be
  • Both
  • All
  • All