Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 07-18-2003, 07:48 PM

Default PROBLEM! Yes I have read many topics about it...

Ok...yes i have read the topics about it...doesn't tell me anything about what to do...Here is the problem...once again..

I have a P4 2.53 ghz, 1028 m/ram, PTLE 5.3.1, Digi001, With Waves Gold Bundle Plugs...

Problem = Ok..yes many people have posted about this...but everytime i have about 10 or so tracks..and I add like 3 Rverb waves plugins...and maybe one compressor, I get the "Running Low on memory, free up some plugins blah blah blah" This makes absolutely no sense..this sucks cause I cannot mix..master...even listen back to tracks..everything is turned up (CPU Wise), like 85% usage, 1028 samples...etc...This used to not be a problem...but for some reason it is...and when I free up plugins...it still doesn't work...until i take ALL of them off..I have a pretty nice machine...it should work right? God I am so frustrated...This is halting my recording fun...PLS help someone...don't send me to a link that says nothing in it...i would really like a hard cold solution [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pls [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks all! Any info at all is awesome...
Old 07-18-2003, 08:00 PM

Default Re: PROBLEM! Yes I have read many topics about it...

Well there are known issues with the Pentium 4... but I'd really like to know why you're running 3 reverbs - [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img] - how do you have them plugged in?

BTW what model P4 chip do you have?

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 07-18-2003, 08:12 PM

Hehe RailJon...I don't actually have 3 plugged in...I am just putting 3 separate reverbs on three tracks...The reverb plugins are called Rverb from Waves Gold Bundle...

Umm the p4 chip i have is the Intel 2.53..chipset Intel 845..is that what you need?

That website didn't really explailn my problem...Maybe i am just doomed...Thx for any info Rail i appreciate it....
Old 07-18-2003, 08:15 PM

Well.. usually you'd use one reverb and put it on an Aux track.. set the input to the aux track to a Buss and use Buss sends to add reverb to your audio tracks. That way you don't need to use 3 reverbs to add reverb to more than one track.

Set the reverb to 100% wet and solo safe (isolate) the Aux (return) track.

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 07-18-2003, 10:22 PM

Hi! Using 6.1 and Waves4Plat, P4 Northwood 2.66 533fsb, 1G ram, Digi001. Did 12 mono tracks (24 bit, 44.1), threw an Rverb(m->s) on each, and then one on the master just for fun. CPU hovered at 60%, PCI at about 35%, system and disk not even showing any green. Nice and smooth, H/W-256, cpu-85%, DAE-lev2. Had outlook and IE open as well, fired up PT after full day of Win XP use (photoshop, gaming, etc) without any reboots. Not prime conditions to run under, but still smooth.

More info on your system? What XP tweaks? That's the fun part of running anything on Windows- soooo many variables.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki-k View Post
Sometimes ya just gotta put your tongue on the 9V battery just to see what all the fuss is about.
Old 07-18-2003, 10:24 PM

you say it worked fine before? maybe you recently loaded up a program that is now running in the background? ctr+alt+delete to see what is running.
Old 07-18-2003, 10:47 PM

sorry to hear about your problems my friend. i had a different performance issue but the cause ended up being a very simple overlook on my part. you have probably done this already but check to make sure that in your system properties, under advanced, you have 'programs' selected under memory usage and processor scheduling. in my case somehow these got changed (user error) [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] and actually it wasn't my error necessarily. if i remember correctly i was tweakin' windows and this was one of the tips. but this tip had an immediate impact on PT's performance. and it took me more than a minute to figure out what was causin' my grief. anyway, hope this helps. and with your box you ought to be smokin' right along!!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] good luck...mykhal

The Basschakra Lucid Soul Trip

i7 Builds - Specs and Results

HDNative | Omni | i7-3930K OC'd 4.0GHZ |
ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB GSkill DDR3 2133 ram | mo' stuff
Old 07-19-2003, 12:52 AM

Brian, put a Powr dither in front of each of the Reverbs so that the signal goes through the dither before it goes into the Reverb and try again, if you are experiencing the P4 denormalization problem that should help.