Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2011, 06:09 AM

Smile 11-rack + egnater tweaker = awesome!

Hey Boys (Men, Son, Bro, etc).....

So I've only used my 11-R to record w/ so far & I'm 100% satisfied w/ what it does & sounds like..........Since that's the only thing I bought it for........Lol

But........

I had some time Yesterday before my gig so I hooked-up the 11R to my Tweaker Head & was kind of a little shocked actually.......

My plan was to hook it up thru the FX Loop of the Tweaker, use the Amp Modeling & try to create some good LIVE RIG tones.......

Well........

Since I ate paint chips as a kid (Tommy Boy Ref....fwiw) & I'm not the smartest Mann alive, I couldn't get that to work.......I will go back & figure this out later though.......

Anyways........

I set the Tweaker up w/ a BIG, FAT, AMERICAN, CLEAN TONE (aka The McLovin) & I plugged the "Out to amp-1" jack into the front input of the Tweaker Head.

Now I ran the 11R as an effects unit only into a great sounding clean amp as my base tone to see what would happen.........

& DAMN did it sound GREAT....... The effects are clean & sound sooooooo great.....I used a Medium Reverb 1st & it was glorious ......

I've always liked stomp box distortion due to the compression & I am a Rat-Mann as well......

Oh......& the Fuzz was orgasmic too........

Just one more example of how great the 11R really is......I'm preaching to the choir arn't I now..........
Old 02-13-2011, 10:22 AM

Default Re: 11-rack + egnater tweaker = awesome!

Live Rig as in through your amphead then through speaker cab?

If so, Output to Amp 1 (or 2) into your FX return on your amphead.
Set Output to Amp to Rig Without Cab.

This way you will only use the poweramp section of your Egnater.

I do this with my Carvin Legacy amphead + 4x12 cab, tweaking the output to amp level to combine with the poweramp distortion to taste.
I've made myself some nice presets only for this use, when wanting to mic the cab in my studio.
Old 02-14-2011, 08:58 AM

So X-Mann,

Did you go all Marty McFly on your solo, and then notice the audience staring at you completely silent and awe struck?

If that happens, just tell them that their kids will LOVE it someday!

Old 02-14-2011, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefont View Post
So X-Mann,

Did you go all Marty McFly on your solo, and then notice the audience staring at you completely silent and awe struck?

If that happens, just tell them that their kids will LOVE it someday!

YUP......LOL

I just wanted to share my LOVE & enthusiasm for all things ELEVEN........

I think I was also a little surprised at how well the 11R's stomp boxes, Verb & delay sounded thru a tube amp......Real pure & organic.......

Now.....

(Mike) Why don't you make like a tree & beat-it! Lol
Old 02-16-2011, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by udamann88 View Post
Now.....

(Mike) Why don't you make like a tree & beat-it! Lol
Hey...I know when I'm not wanted! Ya don't have to drop a ton of bricks on MY head....

I'll make like a tree and LEAVE...
I'll make like a baby and HEAD OUT....
I'll make like a banana and SPLIT...

I'll.....uhh......go away now......

Old 02-16-2011, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefont View Post
Hey...I know when I'm not wanted! Ya don't have to drop a ton of bricks on MY head....

I'll make like a tree and LEAVE...
I'll make like a baby and HEAD OUT....
I'll make like a banana and SPLIT...

I'll.....uhh......go away now......

Who loves ya baby? Lol
Old 02-14-2011, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bredo View Post
Live Rig as in through your amphead then through speaker cab?

If so, Output to Amp 1 (or 2) into your FX return on your amphead.
Set Output to Amp to Rig Without Cab.

This way you will only use the poweramp section of your Egnater.

I do this with my Carvin Legacy amphead + 4x12 cab, tweaking the output to amp level to combine with the poweramp distortion to taste.
I've made myself some nice presets only for this use, when wanting to mic the cab in my studio.
Oh yea......Thanks bredo.........Great info........
Old 02-14-2011, 04:18 PM

I was also positively surprised when hooking up the 11R through my Carvin Legacy poweramp section (FX return).
Blending the Plexi normal ch. level (at about half, maybe a little less), the Hi-Gain ch. at about 3/4 with how high/hard I push the Legacy head to taste (with the output to amp level) made me forget to look for a good Plexi amp (been looking for years).
This works equally good for other other amp models as well.

I really love how the 11R sounds direct in, but it's so fun to use it as a preamp to push a real tube amp through a real 4x12 cab (Celestion Vintage 30 is my first choice).
Then through my secret mic (Oktava Ribbon) blended with a SM57 and/or a Sennheiser e609.
My mic preamp of choice is either my Universal Audio LA610 Signature Edition, UAD 8110 or TLAudio P1 (great Lowpass filter options for fizzy guitars).
Old 02-16-2011, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bredo View Post
I was also positively surprised when hooking up the 11R through my Carvin Legacy poweramp section (FX return).
Blending the Plexi normal ch. level (at about half, maybe a little less), the Hi-Gain ch. at about 3/4 with how high/hard I push the Legacy head to taste (with the output to amp level) made me forget to look for a good Plexi amp (been looking for years).
This works equally good for other other amp models as well.

I really love how the 11R sounds direct in, but it's so fun to use it as a preamp to push a real tube amp through a real 4x12 cab (Celestion Vintage 30 is my first choice).
Then through my secret mic (Oktava Ribbon) blended with a SM57 and/or a Sennheiser e609.
My mic preamp of choice is either my Universal Audio LA610 Signature Edition, UAD 8110 or TLAudio P1 (great Lowpass filter options for fizzy guitars).
Again......more great info.......

I love to hear about how "You People" (11-Rack People that is) use your Eleven Racks......All of the different applications that this product can be used in are truley amazing to me...........

Bredo....You got any clips or videos of Legacy-Rack in action? That would \m/!
Old 02-16-2011, 10:41 AM

I'm mostly in the bed/couch at the time due to heavy arthiritis attack up here in the cold north (Norway).
When back on my feet I'll try to do some exclusives with 11R + Legacy +++

But you can enjoy a quick pre-presentation of a coming CD (put togehther by the band), which I have produced, recorded, mixed and mastered (coming this spring/summer).
In these recordings there are a combination of the guitarists Marshall JCM800, Rocktron Chameleon through my Legacy (poweramp-section), and some bits of 11R thrown in.
All this through either/or in combination with a 4x12 with Celestion Greenbacks and a 4x12 with Celestion Vintage 30.
Mics - Oktava Ribbon, Shure SM57, Sennheiser e609, Røde NTK.

http://www.youtube.com/ThePowerpackChannel

regards Bredo