Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started

Old 05-02-2020, 05:27 AM

Default How to connect Pro Tools 11.0 to a replacement iLok

Hi guys.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. I recently ordered a replacement iLok as I managed to break the last one. How to I add Pro Tools 11 to the new iLok?

Any help appreciated. Cheers,

-Steve
Old 05-02-2020, 08:15 AM

Default Re: How to connect Pro Tools 11.0 to a replacement iLok

Did you do a broken Ilok license recovery with Pace? If so, you sent them the broken ilok and they would have put your license back in your account. If the license is in your account, you simply sync the new ilok with your account and move the license to it.

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Old 05-02-2020, 01:19 PM

You need the ZDT/TLC paid up to have iLok help with licenses as you can say it broke and sell it otherwise so it will cost a few bucks and you need to email ilok and ask what they need.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 05-03-2020, 06:41 AM

@Southsidemusic and @Top Jimmy thank you for the replies. :) (As a side note, is Top Jimmy a reference to the old Valn Halen song of the same name?)

Yes I have ordered a new iLok USB drive, and I paid $50 for the licences to be added. (And $60 shipping might I add.) The new iLok USB drive came with nothing on it, but it was easy to drag and drop the licences from my iLok account to the new iLok USB.

But here is the thing that I cannot figure out. My old iLok USB had the full pro tools 11 licence on it. I never had an issue with it. But now neither my iLok account nor the new iLok USB has the Pro Tools 11 licence on it, only Pro Tools first, and other assorted plugins. Is there a way to re add an existing Pro Tools 11 licence? I have Pro Tools 11 in my Avid Account, I just don't know how to add it to my iLok account.

Hope this clarifies what I an trying to do.

Thanks again for any thoughts or suggestions
Old 05-03-2020, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SjDgestudio View Post
@Southsidemusic and @Top Jimmy thank you for the replies. :) (As a side note, is Top Jimmy a reference to the old Valn Halen song of the same name?)

Yes I have ordered a new iLok USB drive, and I paid $50 for the licences to be added. (And $60 shipping might I add.) The new iLok USB drive came with nothing on it, but it was easy to drag and drop the licences from my iLok account to the new iLok USB.

But here is the thing that I cannot figure out. My old iLok USB had the full pro tools 11 licence on it. I never had an issue with it. But now neither my iLok account nor the new iLok USB has the Pro Tools 11 licence on it, only Pro Tools first, and other assorted plugins. Is there a way to re add an existing Pro Tools 11 licence? I have Pro Tools 11 in my Avid Account, I just don't know how to add it to my iLok account.

Hope this clarifies what I an trying to do.

Thanks again for any thoughts or suggestions
Hi,

Only ilok can recover the license from your broken ilok to your new ilok. you'll need to contact ilok support and send the old ilok back to them to recover the license. in the mean time you might be able to get a temp license or a demo license to tie you over. you'll need to contact Avid support for a temp license they might grant you one.

If you had zero down time ZDT it would be an instant replacement till they have your old ilok back

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 05-03-2020, 12:07 PM

Hi Chris.

I will go and follow up on this as you have suggested.

Thanks so much for the help!

cheers

-Steve
Old 05-03-2020, 02:13 PM

Sorry Chris. One more question purely out of curiosity, as to why you are using Pro Tools 10, as listed in your sub post description.

Thanks again!
Old 05-03-2020, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Sorry Chris. One more question purely out of curiosity, as to why you are using Pro Tools 10, as listed in your sub post description.

Thanks again!
Even though my name is Christopher I think those who use PT10 HD use hardware dependent versions of HD as the Avid TDM cards and some PT controllers like control24 and pro control units only runs wirh HD10 and after the 10.3.10 which is the last PT10 version those investments are dead and wont run. TDM is and was a really good platform and stable and easier to use with larger sessions without a lot of the new bugs and crashes with 64bit versions AND the investment of hardware cards and controllers.

Thats my guess and I can be all wrong here. Chris will reply. Stay safe

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 05-04-2020, 11:31 PM

My PT Journey started with Pro Tools 11, so I had no idea about PT HD or TDM's or anything. But reading about them, I learned quite a bit, and I see why some people stay with these older versions.

Thanks Christopher for the reply.
Old 05-05-2020, 04:31 AM

Quote:
My PT Journey started with Pro Tools 11, so I had no idea about PT HD or TDM's or anything. But reading about them, I learned quite a bit, and I see why some people stay with these older versions.

Thanks Christopher for the reply.

Hi,

Has Christopher says, i have a huge investment in PT10 HD and the hardware and plugins. 6 cards/ chassis/ 4 interfaces and about £10k of plugins.

I have PT latest version on laptop but rarely get time to use it. i do wish i had some of the new features but PT10 does what i need.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.