Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2017, 06:03 AM
IK Multimedia

Default Fulltone Collection for AmpliTube now available

Click here for more information

IK Multimedia is proud to announce the brand new Fulltone Collection for AmpliTube for Mac/PC, which offers guitarists and all musicians an essential palette of sounds that span from classic to contemporary tones.

Guitarist Michael Fuller founded Fulltone back in 1991, with the aim of building stompboxes that sounded as good as vintage pedals, but that were more rugged and reliable than the old, often fragile classics. Today, Fulltone is recognized as being one of the most committed and scrupulous manufacturers worldwide.

IK Multimedia's Fulltone Collection includes 3 powerful processors that are equally at home in music production as well as in creative sound design - the TERC - THAT '80'S RACK CHORUS!, SSTE - Solid State Tape Echo & OCD. Each meticulously modeled and developed to bring the best sounding and absolutely faithful emulation of their legendary hardware counterpart.
Old 03-16-2017, 10:35 AM

Default Re: Fulltone Collection for AmpliTube now available

$60US for three fx? No thanks. When everyone else is going for realism and then some in the Echoplex emulations IK picks a developer that's not really giving us an emulation that's not even close to the original. Granted there may have been some warts with the original - still I'd like to have the option to have that original sound (or not).

QAPLA!
Old 03-16-2017, 11:48 AM
IK Multimedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
$60US for three fx? No thanks. When everyone else is going for realism and then some in the Echoplex emulations IK picks a developer that's not really giving us an emulation that's not even close to the original. Granted there may have been some warts with the original - still I'd like to have the option to have that original sound (or not).
We do have another tape echo available (EP Tape Echo - model based on the Maestro® Echoplex®) if this one does not suit your tastes.

And yes, three effects that would cost over $3,100 in hardware form for only $60.
Old 03-16-2017, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter - IK Multimedia View Post
We do have another tape echo available (EP Tape Echo - model based on the Maestro® Echoplex®) if this one does not suit your tastes.

And yes, three effects that would cost over $3,100 in hardware form for only $60.
Already have the EP Tape Echo.

I was NOT comparing the cost of the hardware to the software. The point I was trying to make was the tape unit emulation is NOT a true emulation of the h/w and therefore not worth what's being charged for it.

QAPLA!
Old 03-17-2017, 07:57 AM
IK Multimedia

...but you were stating that you didn't feel this number of FX was a good value at what they cost in software form, so I made that comparison to show how they can be deemed very valuable to some.

The hardware unit that is emulated in the Fulltone Collection for AmpliTube is well-liked by many and does cost quite a bit, and there are many who already feel it is actually quite a great value to have at this price in software form.

Edit - I can see it boils down to the fact that you don't like the hardware unit (and I already know you do have some issues with IK that are probably affecting how strong an opinion you epress on this instead of simply ignoring one of thousands of software FX that might not suit your tastes or needs) thus you obviously wouldn't enjoy the software version. As always, you are entitled to your opinion and we are entitled to create software versions of FX that people are likely to want as much as they want the hardware versions. Michael Fuller thought this was a piece of hardware that warranted a virtual version, and we were happy to oblige him and his company's fans.
Old 03-17-2017, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter - IK Multimedia View Post
...but you were stating that you didn't feel this number of FX was a good value at what they cost in software form, so I made that comparison to show how they can be deemed very valuable to some.

The hardware unit that is emulated in the Fulltone Collection for AmpliTube is well-liked by many and does cost quite a bit, and there are many who already feel it is actually quite a great value to have at this price in software form.

Edit - I can see it boils down to the fact that you don't like the hardware unit (and I already know you do have some issues with IK that are probably affecting how strong an opinion you epress on this instead of simply ignoring one of thousands of software FX that might not suit your tastes or needs) thus you obviously wouldn't enjoy the software version. As always, you are entitled to your opinion and we are entitled to create software versions of FX that people are likely to want as much as they want the hardware versions. Michael Fuller thought this was a piece of hardware that warranted a virtual version, and we were happy to oblige him and his company's fans.
You're making an assumption in your edit that is not true and you're conflating that with the issues I've had and still have with certain IK plugins. Never said I didn't like the hardware version. I've stated that the s/w version is NOT like the h/w version in that it's not a true emulation but an optimized version.

One of my headaches with IK is they don't make stuff that people truly want - at least not as evidenced in the Amplitube forums where people ask for certain amps and fx and IK seemingly turns a blind eye towards those requests. A Dallas Rangemaster has been asked for for a long time - we have yet to see one. Certain amps have been asked for and nothing happens. Instead we get Fender amps no one on the forums has asked for. Like a complete refresh of the Marshall line which hasn't happened; the ones in AT4 aren't quite there and there are some errors (not bugs but errors) that weren't in the original amps.

QAPLA!
Old 03-17-2017, 09:08 AM

I don't know what the difference in sound is b/t the original and this versions

But I think the price is good.....if the sound is....
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 03-17-2017, 09:56 AM
IK Multimedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYR123 View Post
I don't know what the difference in sound is b/t the original and this versions

But I think the price is good.....if the sound is....
According to the founder of Fulltone the comparison was described as: IDENTICAL with OCD and we were tasked to do the same with the new gear (and it got the approval, so...)
Old 03-17-2017, 09:58 AM

Sounds great then, works with AMP3 then?
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 03-17-2017, 11:21 AM
IK Multimedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYR123 View Post
Sounds great then, works with AMP3 then?
This collection is made for the current version of AmpliTube, AmpliTube 4.