Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2017, 10:46 AM

Default Intrmittent audio before and after arming a track then perfect when recording.

Hi. I'm new to PTF and a novice so please bear with me and apologies if this is something simple to fix. I had PTF on my laptop and everything was ok( apart from the odd crash etc). I then secured a desktop for the sole purpose of recording but now when using either a midi keyboard or di from a guitar when you enable a track or arm it the sound lags or breaks up intermittently As soon as you hit record this problem goes away and everything is fine. Ive had the error code and done the ASIO4ALL fix so don't think its that. Any help would be appreciated as although its not affecting recording its frustrating when trying to achieve the sound you want.
Thanks in advance

Windows 10 with creators update.
8gb ram 1tb HDD
Focusrite 2i2