Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > ProControl, Control|24, Command|8
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2004, 09:20 AM

Default ADR Cue Beeps

I would like to be able to use a Digi002Rack ( possibly with the Command 8 controller )to record ADR. Proper cuing of the talent requires " cue beeps " ahead of the programmed record on point. Where do I get these beep tones?

R Crampton
Old 11-30-2004, 09:58 AM

Default Re: ADR Cue Beeps

Make 'em yourself. Use the signal generator to make a 1 frame, 1k (or 400 Hz if you like) beep. Place three of them 20 frames apart with a 20 frame highlighted section after the last one. Duplicate the regions (or consolidate) to one file and name appropriately. Tail sync this file to the head of your cue and you're all set.

Bob
Old 11-30-2004, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Make 'em yourself. Use the signal generator to make a 1 frame, 1k (or 400 Hz if you like) beep. Place three of them 20 frames apart with a 20 frame highlighted section after the last one. Duplicate the regions (or consolidate) to one file and name appropriately. Tail sync this file to the head of your cue and you're all set.

Bob

That's all well and good, but is there a utility that will automaticly place those lovely hand-crafted little beeps at a pre-designated, pre-roll position relative to every programmed auto-record point??

Inquiring minds need to know!

R Crampton
Old 12-01-2004, 07:21 AM

Yes there is, not cheap but it works like a charm; check out ADRstudio made by Gallery (www.gallery.co.uk). Mark Gilbert from Gallery is very good at his support too!
Old 12-01-2004, 10:03 AM

I second that for ADR Studio. Have used it a lot for cueing (It's a breeze-just highlight the cue point on your guide track and hit an f-key). Haven't used it too much for shooting ADR, but it will properly program its own cue beeps-no beep file necessary.

Bob