Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2008, 12:39 PM

Default Re: How can i get a PT 8 Printed manual???

copy the PDFs to a CD
take the CD to a Kinkos or similar and have them print and blind a manual

this lets on make a nice large (11x17) page if one desires

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 12-22-2008, 12:54 PM

Just talked to Kinko's
The Manual is about 1090 pages
B&W $.10 each =$109
Color $.59 each =$654

$35.00 at the Digi Store is a bargain
Old 12-24-2008, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1 View Post
Just talked to Kinko's
The Manual is about 1090 pages
B&W $.10 each =$109
Color $.59 each =$654

$35.00 at the Digi Store is a bargain
Oh yeah, People have NO idea what it cost to print this stuff! the older manual sets tended to have more manuals than just the reference guides and while I dont really want to see the price go up I would rather see them charge a bit more and include stuff like the Digirack plugins guide, Air plugins/ instruments guide etc, Digibase browser guide etc. I think the last Digibase, Digirack guides shipped with 7.0

But yeah call me old school, I can't wait for actual book. Also this is one place were it would be nice to pre order the manual set plus the installer disks, pay for it and just have it shipped when ready.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 12-24-2008, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunburst79 View Post
But yeah call me old school, I can't wait for actual book. Also this is one place were it would be nice to pre order the manual set plus the installer disks, pay for it and just have it shipped when ready.
Totally agreed!
Old 12-24-2008, 04:28 PM

The only time I ever received a printed manual was with the purchase of my HD hardware (HD2, HD3 or whatever you bought). They never included printed manuals with software updates or upgrades.

Staples is cheaper in my area - you can email the pdf manual and make the order online - pick it up the next day.
Old 12-24-2008, 05:02 PM

No they have always sent printed manuals with boxed copies. I have upgraded about 5 times over the years up until 7.2. I have always received very nice printed manuals until this recent time. It sucks to not have one this time.
Old 01-23-2009, 03:48 PM

I'm still waiting to see the PT8 manual in the Digistore. Unfortunately, Digi Customer Support told me that they didn't even know IF they were even going to be printed! I would really like the manual, as I just upgraded from a very ancient PT version, and this is so new to me! Any chance they are going to be printed?

(And yes, I know I can print them myself at Kinko's, but at nearly 1000 pages, it's going to be a HUGE book, as opposed to getting a 2-sided manual from you folks. Besides, I already spent over $100 just printing the other 30+ manuals and guides that I'll need for all the Digi gear.)

Hope you WILL print the PT8 manuals for us!

Thanks,
Ragani
Old 01-24-2009, 12:08 AM

You know whats really funny about this. True Story.
I actually had a guy at Digi call me after I left a message regarding the manual and how the company i bought my box version from was telling people the box came with a manual. The Digi guy actually said he was also under the impression that the box came with a manual. He said he would get to the bottom of it and get back to me. Needless to say all i got was an email a week later asking if my issue was resolved and if i didnt respond they would just assume it was resolved. I sent another email just saying how on earth do you think it could be resolved if there isnt even manuals printed yet and your people are also under the assumption the box came with manuals. Its like they didnt even read my complaint. Somewhere at some point someone at digi must have said they would come with a manual. There have been numerous reports from different people who bought their version at different stores that they thought a manual came int he box. Nice customer service there.
Other than that I think digi is great and I am a long time pro tools user and will continue to be. I also broke down and printed my manual from my home printer. I have one o those new kodak machines so it prints a ton for a rather reasonbale price.
If no manuals is the wave of the future for companies it just plain sucks. Charge me more and give me a damn manual.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:16 AM
Avid

Manuals are being printed and, hopefully, will be here shortly.

We do apologize - the fact that there was not going to be a manual included was something that was not communicated to everyone in the company in a timely fashion. It was an oversight on our part.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Manuals are being printed and, hopefully, will be here shortly.

We do apologize - the fact that there was not going to be a manual included was something that was not communicated to everyone in the company in a timely fashion. It was an oversight on our part.
Wow, thanks for the reply, Digi. I'm thrilled to hear this! I too had been told that we'd get a manual with the purchase, and I had to call the store back to tell them that was not true (after my purchase). AURORA4DTH, you were not the only one, that's for sure!

I'm also a long-time used of PT, and I plan to stick with it-- I'm loving all the new features, but I'm missing the manual. I almost broke down and ordered the 7.4, because I don't even have that one. But now that I see they are coming, I'll wait it out a little longer. Will you be notifying all registered users when they are available? Please?