Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019

Old 06-11-2019, 02:13 PM

Default Can't save files AAE error 35 occurred. What is it?

Have a very large project I've been working on for weeks. There are several hundred gigs of space left on my recording drive but it won't auto save now, in fact if won't save at all. It shows me AAE error 35. Am I dead in the water? How do I fix this and hopefully save my project?
Thanks!
Old 06-11-2019, 02:43 PM

Default Re: Can't save files AAE error 35 occurred. What is it?

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...ssage/en343965

And this is what it says about the error.....

Error -9022 or Error -35 while attempting to process with AudioSuite plug-ins.
This is a known issue in Pro Tools HD 8 (Mac OS X & Windows XP). When attempting to process a large batch of audio regions using AudioSuite plug-ins Pro Tools will error: "Unable to create a new audio file on drive.... ...because DAE error -9022 was encountered" "(Error was: Volume not found(-35)" attempting to use Pro Tools will cause error
2.2GHz 6 core 8 gen Intel Core i7 processor (TB’s to 4.1GHz)
32 Gb of 2400MHz DDR4, 1T SSD, Magic Mouse and Keyboard
Pro Tools 2022.7 -23.# - HEAT applied, RME Fireface UCX II
........and a bowl of M&M's
———————————————————————————
Old 06-11-2019, 02:46 PM

For some reason it won’t allow me to post the included error string... so look at the link... there doesn’t appear to be a work around.... my only suggestion is to possibly start removing Audiosuite plugs or perhaps others more experienced can chime in with a fix they have used....
2.2GHz 6 core 8 gen Intel Core i7 processor (TB’s to 4.1GHz)
32 Gb of 2400MHz DDR4, 1T SSD, Magic Mouse and Keyboard
Pro Tools 2022.7 -23.# - HEAT applied, RME Fireface UCX II
........and a bowl of M&M's
———————————————————————————
Old 06-11-2019, 03:00 PM

Can you do a Save As... into a different or new folder? In my experience this happens when a drive or directory becomes unavailable to Pro Tools for some reason. It could be that the drive has been unmounted, or permissions have changed, something like that. I'm not in front a rig at the moment to experiment, but that is what I'd try first.
Old 06-11-2019, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1m1 View Post
In my experience this happens when a drive or directory becomes unavailable to Pro Tools for some reason. It could be that the drive has been unmounted, or permissions have changed, something like that.
I agree, I have had this problem when there is a permissions issue, although I can't remember if I got the 35 error or a different one.
Old 06-12-2019, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveGarman View Post
Have a very large project I've been working on for weeks. There are several hundred gigs of space left on my recording drive but it won't auto save now, in fact if won't save at all. It shows me AAE error 35. Am I dead in the water? How do I fix this and hopefully save my project?
Thanks!
Try saving the project to another drive like maybe your system drive. That will at least tell you if the project is okay or possibly corrupted. Quit PT and try saving something to your recording drive from within Finder. That may tell you if your recording drive is okay or possibly going bad.

A few years back I had a drive that from time to time would kick out aae35 and aae50 errors then one day went to save a session and the drive clicked once and shutdown. Turns out the bridge board (the interface board inside the drive case) had failed but the drive itself was okay. Got that board replaced and the drive's been okay.

How is the drive connected to the computer - direct or through a chain of peripherals?

QAPLA!