Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 04-01-2011, 06:26 AM

Default System sounds don't play thru Mbox2 Pro in W7 Pro w/ PT 8.0.5 le

Help! I upgraded to 8.0.5 le and now there is no sound from W7 pro. I have restarted multiple times, re-installed the package, but still no sound from the system when I test or from itunes or WMP. When I go into the sound control panel there is signal showing, but nothing comes out of the monitors or the headphone jack. Please help! I have an upcoming session.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:29 AM

Default Re: System sounds don't play thru Mbox2 Pro in W7 Pro w/ PT 8.0.5 le

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott_nikki1216 View Post
Help! I upgraded to 8.0.5 le and now there is no sound from W7 pro. I have restarted multiple times, re-installed the package, but still no sound from the system when I test or from itunes or WMP. When I go into the sound control panel there is signal showing, but nothing comes out of the monitors or the headphone jack. Please help! I have an upcoming session.
Welcome to the DUC,

Is this just Windows sounds? It would help to understand how this is effecting Pro Tools in such a way as to interfere with your upcoming session. Are you not hearing Pro Tools? Is this having an impact on any of the installed ASIO programs that might play a role in this upcoming session?

Hopefully you made an Image of your drive before you upgraded so you can go back easily if needed.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 04-03-2011, 09:37 AM

It is windows sounds including system, itunes and WMP. After several restarts and checking the outs in the I/O control panel in Protools, I am now getting Protools sound. It is just frustrating not being able to hear at least itunes. I keep all of my mp3 versions of my mixes in there. I tried changing quicktime settings, and enabling/disabling the mbox in the sound panel, I was not smart enough to do a disk image of the previous install. If I can't fix this I am thinking about forking out the money to just upgrade to 9, it may play better with W7 anyway.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:27 AM

Well, PT9 is well worth the price I see no reason to hesitate on that move. As far as itunes goes I have never had it installed in a studio computer so I don't know much in that area. Our studios computers never go online so there would be no point for us. We use other applications such as "Sound Forge" for all of our 2-track playback.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 12-28-2011, 02:11 PM

I Had this same problem, i've recently updated to 8.0.5 with windows 7 64 bit and everything was working good until i went to check for audio, the pro tools meters were working but no audio from monitors or headphones.

MY SOLUTION!

Control panel > Programs > Programs and features

Locate "Avid audio drivers(x64)"

Right click, choose "REPAIR"

it takes likes 2 minutes then, re-open pro tools and thats it.

thats how i got mine working, hopefully it helps you too.