Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2013, 09:55 AM

Default don457

I am a new pro tools user and Im using m Box Pro. I've been getting message 3 or 4 times a session saying pro tools cannot communicate with M Box Pro and have to re-launch both. My computer is new and was built specificly for recording so I'm pretty sure that its not the problem. Can anyone help me?
Thanks
Old 02-17-2013, 10:23 AM

Default Re: don457

Quote:
Originally Posted by don457 View Post
I am a new pro tools user and Im using m Box Pro. I've been getting message 3 or 4 times a session saying pro tools cannot communicate with M Box Pro and have to re-launch both. My computer is new and was built specificly for recording so I'm pretty sure that its not the problem. Can anyone help me?
Thanks
Having a "new" or "powerful" computer is absolutely no guarantee that its not the problem.
Check this thread:
Help us Help You - READ THIS Before Posting!
and post a Sandra report. That's the only way anyone can help. Maybe the entire rig isn't compatible, or maybe its a simple as an incompatible firewire controller, and a $40 card could save the day.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 02-18-2013, 11:37 AM

Default Re: don457

Understood, thanks for responding. Actually I think we discovered the problem. i wanted to mention it in the event that maybe one person out there might be having this issue. My friend, who built the computer, came over and said that because my studio is in the basement, and the heat is off during the day, the 10 degrees differential every day really affects the pins in video, firewire or ram cards. He removed and re-seated the firewire card and I did not have the problem the rest of the night. Hopefully that helps someone else out there. Thank You again for your help. I am looking into the things you mentioned