Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Old 01-01-2013, 11:55 AM

Default Stealth Pedal - controller by IK MultiMedia

I bought a Stealth Pedal made by IK Multimedia (Amplitube). I am able to sync it up with the Amplitube plug-ins. However, I would like to use the pedal with other plug-ins such as Eleven, TH2 and even to control Pro Tools 10 automation features.

Even though this pedal is an IK Multimedia product I would like to also use this with my TH2 (overloud) amplifier plug-in. I did ask the guys over at Overloud for help and they responded just to use the smart midi bindings by saying " Open TH2 and the Pro Tools automation panel, then choose the parameter you want to automate (it should be one of the 8 smart control). Then in the Pro Tools MIDI bindings assign the Control Change coming from the Stealth pedal to the TH2 parameter you want to automate."

However, I am still lost:
1st - How do I assign the Stealth Pedal to use with another plug-in such as TH2 or any other plug-in emulator or plugin instrument?
2nd - How do I assign the Stealth Pedal with Pro-Tools automation settings in general?

Also, may any repliers post a response in layman's language?

Paul
Old 01-01-2013, 02:01 PM

Do you have this pedal it operating now as an interface for Pro Tools?

Do you have the IK plugins working within Pro Tools?

Do you have the StealthPedal Midi Control software installed? Have you read the manual for that software?

Is Pro Tools seeing the "IK StealthPedal MIDI" midi controller? Have you set this up this MIDI controller in Pro Tools?

(I suspect the answer is yes to all the above, buy I really want to confirm you have the IK plugins running inside Pro Tools as RTAS plugins since sometimes this is a point if confusion)

Any references to the IK or Pro Tools documentation you are following that is not working as expected or has you confused would help.

And specifically have you looked at the MIDI section in the Eleven Plugin user guide?--that is a great place to start.

Darryl