Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2019, 02:12 PM

Default Not getting this I-pad app at all

I either am missing something, or it just doesn’t work anymore. The last 2 incarnations of Eucon will not work on my I-pad. (Pt Ultimate 2019.12, Win 10, latest build.) When you first launch and it gives you the boxes to drag a “surface” into the active list, there’s no I-pad option anywhere. First time you launch Pro Tools after installing “Control” in the setup box, it gives multiple “aaf” errors (too many to list, they go by quite quickly.) Then my Faderport stops working, and it even changes my audio device from the Apollo to “onboard Windows audio device.” Plus, on the I-pad, the Eucon icon in the upper left corner has a red exclamation point by it. So I sent up a white flag and uninstalled it. Again.
I’m probably doing something horribly wrong, but before they “improved” it, you just installed it and it worked. Ideas?
Old 12-28-2019, 02:28 PM

Default Re: Not getting this I-pad app at all

What iOS version are you running on the iPad?

Also the Eucon on the computer and the iPad version of Avid Control has to match and there was a update a few days ago on the Apple Store which fixed that same issue for us.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 12-28-2019, 02:52 PM

Ios 13.3. I got the new unified installer and the new ios app (19.12.1.0) at the same time, so, yes, the numbers match.
The last incarnation did the same thing exactly, so I was hopeful it worked in the latest release. I have to be missing a critical step somewhere.
Old 12-28-2019, 03:19 PM

I couldn't get them connected once and after a few restarts realized I had my iPad and computer (iMac) on different networks. Doh!

Can you describe the network setup on both your iPad and PC?

Is Avid Control open on your iPad when you're looking at EuControl Settings? Does a Restart EUCON Applications change anything?
Old 12-28-2019, 03:58 PM

Just to be 100% sure there is not a simple oversight (we done this a few times)

In Peripherals under settings in PT there is a Eucon checkbox that resets to default OFF sometimes when updating either Eucon or PT or trash preferences. Is Eucon enabled under Settings - Peripherals- Eucon Enable ?

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 12-28-2019, 11:35 PM

Yep, aware of the “enable Eucon” box, which I’ve cycled off and back on more than once. I pad is on the same network as the pc, yes. What’s the significance of the red exclamation point on the Eucon logo in the upper left corner of the I-pad app? Nothing I have been able to do changes it.
Just to be clear, when running the Unified Installer, I only install “control,” correct?
Thanks for all your help. I miss being able to use this.
Old 12-29-2019, 08:56 PM

Is your actual Ipad supported? I could not use my older ipad and I suspect it was maybe a resolution limitation? Also on my ipads that did work I needed to delete the app and reinstall from scratch. It was not an upgrade though it was fast and easy. What version of Ipad are you trying to use? My ipad 2 was too old but my second generation ipad mini which is pretty old did.
Old 12-29-2019, 10:31 PM

I pad air 2, ios 13.3
Old 12-30-2019, 01:52 AM
Avid

This iPad is supported. If the iPad/Control App is not showing up in the All list then this has nothing to do with PT. So if you are 100% sure the Control App version is the same as EuControl its most likely network related.
First completely shutdown the iPad and restart it (not sleep it), then if its not showing up still tell me the IP Address if the iPad and the network interface on the WS.