Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2013, 08:05 PM

Default Why does Pro Tools suck so much??

I bought Pro Tools 10 like a month ago and still have never been able to open the program.

If it aint one thing its the other. After I thought I had finally fixed any and all probs, today it told me I had no iLok. [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep]. Uninstalled and reinstalled, now it doesn't recognize my hardware.

Please don't tell me to pay to ask for help. That is stupid. I already paid for the program that doesn't even work. No customer support.... No tech support... Why does pro tools suck so damn much??
Old 02-15-2013, 08:12 PM

Default Re: Why does Pro Tools suck so much??

ill tell you why because nobody cared to tell you you need a special computer to run the program.They just want your money they don't care if you can't get it running.They woiuld rather have everyone calling thier sevice line after the fact when it won't work.Ass backward .I have had mine a year and still have more work to do on my computer and hope it works then.I guess they think because its called ""pro"" tools they are on a high horse.Must be an ego thing.What a pain in the ass this system is to finiky.It shoud have a warning on the box its sold in.All the sales people have to do is ask you if you have a specia;l computer but they don't say a thing they just sell it to you and you are on your own suffer while you try and be creative.The wonderful Pro Tools professional system.If i were Avid i would tell the sellers of the PT's program to warn the customer that they need a special computer to run the program just so i would not have the phone ringing off the hook with problem after problem.All these unhappy customers.How can you run a business like that.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:40 PM

Default Why does Pro Tools suck so much??

I can assure you that by reading the manual you will get farther.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am the main songwriter/performer for Midwest Whitetail, Cabela's Deer Nation, Spring Thunder, and Northern Waters Series!
Old 02-15-2013, 08:54 PM

Yep...you definitely need to have a "special computer".

Here's my experience...

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t...ght=reputation
Note that all opinions, observations, whatever, in this post are mine, unless I'm being mean or am wrong, in which case it's somebody else's fault. I do not work for Avid (their loss)...my only relationship with Avid is that of a customer (when I'm not too poor to buy stuff, like now)...and that hot administrative assistant...that's more of a "thing" than a "relationship" (that should keep them guessing for a while...)

Just rockin'...what more is there?

Bill in Pittsburgh
Old 02-15-2013, 09:00 PM

Pro Tools is, and has been, working totally fine for us Pro's out here for a heck of a long time. We have a s__load of work to get done on a regular basis and it sure would, and would've been, super hard to get it a done if this program didn't actually work as advertised. - Food for thought......
Old 02-15-2013, 09:24 PM

If you do your homework and get the correct computer, you can work Pro Tools every day and make a living with it. Do it wrong, and...you get what you got! Sorry you have troubles, but complaining on a USER conference, without so much as a single detail about your setup, is like calling a strange doctor and telling him it hurts whenever you do this"....
Look at the top section of this(and every) DUC page and click the link entitled Help us Help You....
Ask the right questions, give the right info, get good help.....

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 02-15-2013, 10:13 PM

Let's make it easy.

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=300050

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 02-15-2013, 10:52 PM

i should not complain ...my setup works 99% of the time.Avid did help me get going and were very nice.I just think there should be more upfront info before the purchase is made for those people who are not pros and want to get into PT'S.....i think Avid would be doing themselves a favor if they gave more info upfront with the salespeople that we bought our programs from.All they had to was mention the requierments to us people that are new to computer recording when we put our 600$ down on a new recorder.I know the info is out there and buyer beware but why not nip it in the bud instead of having all they unhappy customers and scaring alot of potential customer away and spending hours and hours with tech support.I just think there can be a better way.Maybe i'm wrong.The main thing wrong with my setup i think? is that i'm not recording on a different drive like i should be.That will make it run smoother.It is a frustrating thing when you are trying to make music and you machine won't do it and i feel sorry for the guys when they can't get up and running.You guys on the forum have been great help for all of us thanks
Old 02-15-2013, 11:06 PM

i think my point is that the salespeople that take your money should be giving that info to the buyer
Old 02-15-2013, 11:10 PM

Even for only using Pro Tools for a little over a year, I must say it is the best DAW ever. But the title made me almost cry a little. Pro Tools is like my little baby that you just slapped PRO TOOLS!!! :)