Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2015, 02:47 AM

Default Using function key to select aux.

Hi.

Is there any way to use a function key to solo a specific output (eg aux send) and at the same time have the bottom row in flip to fader mode?
(I know that if any output solo is selected the bottom row can go flip to fader)
I´m on the S3L by the way.

If not, come on Avid this is possible on the Yamaha LS9...

/Peter
Old 11-02-2015, 03:40 PM

Default Re: Using function key to select aux.

While it's not exactly what you want you can keep the upper right hand encoders showing aux masters and when you then create an Event that flips bottom row of encoders to faders when soloing outputs you will have a relatively fast access to aux mixes. To do so you double tap your aux masters on the top right side encoders. When I'm mixing monitors only, I expand the top row to only show aux masters and this way I have mostly all my aux mixes accessible.
Old 11-04-2015, 12:59 AM

Yes I know that function, use it all the time when sending to auxes!

But with the function of solo a specific output with events would open up some more features like mute a specific output when solo a specific output etc. Good when having both IEM-cue and Wedge cue. Then when I solo an IEM-mix the output used for Cue wedge is muted and vice versa!

This include I use the Matrix section and separate IEM mix and cue Wedge outputs.
Also a nice function would be to select the monitor as an input in the Matrix mixer, Then you don't have to put a physical jumper and use an stereo input!

And last thing, be able to a least select the Main fader as monitor control even in the S3L (not only Profile, SC48 and D-Live). A better function would be that you can tell specific outputs (in this case Matrix masters) to stay usable when in flip to fader mode. Then you can lock those in each layer and use them as cue volume control, one of the Matrix for IEM and one the Matrix for wedge!

I think Avid have some more to do here to have the S3L working smoothly as a stand-a-lone monitor console with todays demands of both in-ear and wedge mixing!

Last edited by fredrikzon; 11-04-2015 at 05:09 AM.
Old 11-04-2015, 01:23 AM

Yes, i agree 100%
There is already a ideascale request on this topic, i Hope they Listen.
And some People should vote for it.

It Sounds so simple, Monitor als Input for the Matrix and some more Event options... Please Avid 😎
Old 11-09-2015, 09:57 AM
Avid

I hope they listen too, because I want it too :)

[email protected]