Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2019, 06:09 PM

Default Copy selection to target/main playlist not working in waveform view?

I tried option-shift-up and control-option-v. Both work in playlist view. Neither work in waveform view. What gives?

Also, I watched this tutorial:

https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/hom...pro-tools-2018

He says you can scroll thru playlists with an edit selection via command-shift-up/down and then copy to main playlist with one of those shortcuts. Is that last part redundant though? Even in his video, you already see the clip in the main/target playlist is split at the edit selection and contains the alternative content. I can move the cursor someplace else, and the transplanted clip is still there. So is there a need for option-shift-up when you use command-shift-up/down to scroll thru alternate playlist selections?

(2019.6)