Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 10-22-2011, 02:42 PM

Default Re: Amnesty HD10 licence nowhere!!!

Thanks James! When I read your answer from Avid, I quickly purchased the Pro Tools 9HD upgrade and registered it and sure enough, I get a complementary Pro Tools 10 HD upgrade.

I'm somewhat shocked because I have ended up with a Pro Tools 10 HD upgrade for $350 (which otherwise would have cost $1500). So for me, I am way ecstatic! But I definitely feel for everybody else. This is exactly what I have been saying on soo many of my posts. Avid isn't treating everybody fairly with these upgrade prices. I definitely got the better end of the deal, but somebody next week who is looking to upgrade their Pro Tools 8 HD license is definitely going to get the worse of the deal-especially when they can't find any Pro Tools 9HD licenses.

In my case, I could have ended up paying anywhere from $350 - $1500 for my upgrade. This is why I was soo hesitant to purchase. I didn't want to pay $1500 and then find out I could have got the $350 deal.

If it was precise that everybody was going to have to pay X amount for the upgrade and people who just bought Pro Tools 9 this last month got a discount towards the new upgrade in the amnesty period, I think more people would feel that it was fair.
Noisebox Studios -Utah Recording Studio
Old 10-22-2011, 03:30 PM

Yeah its idiocy.

Hey you guys who spent 5k on native systems we thank you now pay us $1000 more.

Oh you updaters at $350? here just take it.

Oh you cptk peeps that dont even use our hardware? yeah $300 bucks is cool.
Old 10-22-2011, 05:18 PM

OK, so it's the 23rd here in the UK - by 17 minutes. Is that 23rd Greenwich Mean Time, or time in California? Can I still get it?
Old 10-23-2011, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Drake View Post
Avid answered my question in an email today!
I bought my PT9 HD on the 21st but then found out about the version 10 announcement. My copy hasn't even arrived yet! Does this mean I won't get a free upgrade? What should i do? Send my HD 9 back when it arrives?
Anyone at Avid answer this please? i don't want to be stuck with old software before i've even used it! HELP!!
i cant find an email for Avid support anywhere..anyone know how to contact them now? :S
Intel 2700k 3.8ghz
16GB Crucial Ram
Old 10-25-2011, 03:22 AM

Don´t worry. It is not a word about the 23rd.
On or after October 1, 2011 it says.

"Do I qualify for a free upgrade?
You’re eligible to receive a free upgrade to Pro Tools 10 or Pro Tools HD 10 if you purchased and registered Pro Tools 9 or Pro Tools HD 9 software on or after October 1, 2011 (register your purchase). If you qualify, you’ll receive an email with instructions on how to get your free upgrade."

I bought my PTHD9 upgrade the 21st and it arrived today, registered and now waiting for an email...
Old 10-25-2011, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firechild View Post
Don´t worry. It is not a word about the 23rd.
On or after October 1, 2011 it says.

"Do I qualify for a free upgrade?
You’re eligible to receive a free upgrade to Pro Tools 10 or Pro Tools HD 10 if you purchased and registered Pro Tools 9 or Pro Tools HD 9 software on or after October 1, 2011 (register your purchase). If you qualify, you’ll receive an email with instructions on how to get your free upgrade."

I bought my PTHD9 upgrade the 21st and it arrived today, registered and now waiting for an email...
Hi Firechild,

Please let me know how it goes on your side as i purchased a HD9 upgrade before the 20th but i will get it only tommorow or in two days.
I just dont want to spend 350$ on obsolete software, if i dont get HD 10 free, i just return the box!
Hope what you're saying is right!

Thanks

Luc
Old 10-25-2011, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioluche View Post
Hi Firechild,

Please let me know how it goes on your side as i purchased a HD9 upgrade before the 20th but i will get it only tommorow or in two days.
I just dont want to spend 350$ on obsolete software, if i dont get HD 10 free, i just return the box!
Hope what you're saying is right!

Thanks

Luc
Better to ask the folks you bought from.. and get them to guarantee the return if it doesn't happen. I read a post on here about a fellow that actually bought during the window, but didn't register until yesterday and was told he did not qualify. I'll see if I can find that thread again.. There's a lot of noise to sift through.
What I found when I got there,
was that I couldn't stay away!

Hobo Shave!
Old 10-26-2011, 12:08 AM

I will let you know but don´t worry.
You can find upgrade information on several places on the AVID site where it says on or after 1 October, 2011. There is no other way how to read the words , otherwise it should say and specific BETWEEN two dates.

http://www.avid.com/US/products/pro-...ntcmp=AV-HP-S2
http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/self...p?DocId=419131

Q: I just purchased a Pro Tools HD 9 software upgrade — is there any way I can get a deal on a Pro Tools HD 10 upgrade?
A: Yes. In fact, if you purchased and registered a Pro Tools|HD system, Pro Tools|HD Native system, or Pro Tools HD 9 upgrade on or after October 1, 2011, you're eligible to receive a free upgrade to Pro Tools HD 10 software. If you're eligible and registered your purchase, you'll receive an email with instructions to activate and download your complimentary Pro Tools HD 10 software upgrade.
Old 10-26-2011, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firechild View Post
I will let you know but don´t worry.
You can find upgrade information on several places on the AVID site where it says on or after 1 October, 2011. There is no other way how to read the words , otherwise it should say and specific BETWEEN two dates.

http://www.avid.com/US/products/pro-...ntcmp=AV-HP-S2
http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/self...p?DocId=419131
Thanks for the answer Firechild. I received and registered my V9 upgrade today, i'll see what happens. Let me know how it work out for you!

Cheers

Luc