Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2018, 08:09 AM

Default Can't save plugin settings

"Settings can only be saved to the "_Plugin_" folder inside the "Root Settings" folder or inside the working session's "Plug-In Settings" folder, or sub-folders of these folders."

I have tried EVERYTHING I can think of. I've located the folders, tried saving to either, I've moved the Pro Tools folder, moved it back, I've trashed my prefs multiple times, I've made sure all folders and 'Read & Write' enabled on my computer.. I've even re-installed Pro Tools completely.. I'm completely at a loss here.
I have not been able to save plugin settings for a couple years now. Please, someone help me. Please, I beg of you.

Pro Tools 12.7.0 (though this has spanned mulltiple versions), MacOS 10.12.6, and this happens for ANY plugin, literally ZERO plugins will save settings.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2018-03-14 at 12.34.46 PM.png (29.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-16-2018, 05:25 AM

Default Re: Can't save plugin settings

Check folder permissions.

QAPLA!
Old 03-18-2018, 02:36 PM

Post Re: Can't save plugin settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by corybrunnemann View Post
I've located the folders, tried saving to either, I've moved the Pro Tools folder, moved it back, I've trashed my prefs multiple times, I've made sure all folders and 'Read & Write' enabled on my computer..
Can you save ANY file inside of any of these folders? If you cannot save a simple TextEdit document in the folder, then permissions are the issue. Moving folders does not always change permissions. Permissions are also inherited. The permissions for folders closer to the root of the hard drive may be blocking you from saving into these folders.
Old 03-21-2021, 07:54 AM

I have the exact same issue, even with avid's own plugins. How do you fix folder permissions???
Old 03-21-2021, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro perez View Post
I have the exact same issue, even with avid's own plugins. How do you fix folder permissions???
Your issue is you upgraded to Big Sur which is not yet supported. Wait for PT2021.x
Old 03-21-2021, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro perez View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Your issue is you upgraded to Big Sur which is not yet supported. Wait for PT2021.x
That being said changing folder permissions is easy. Rigth click on the folder in question and select 'get info'. When that window opens go to the bottom section of the window where it says 'sharing & permissions' and you'll see who has what privileges and change as needed.

Or you could just Google 'changing folder permissions in OSX'.

QAPLA!