Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2004, 06:17 AM

Default Is my 192 i/o broken?

Hiya,

Am having a problem with one of the analogue inputs on my 192 i/o. After running PT, there seems to be a constant loud white noise + whistle on input 2 if you're brave enough to record arm a track and set it to channel two. It also doesn't matter whether I choose +4 or -10 input, it's always there (although during hardware setup, a relay clicks and takes the inputs offline). I've disconnected all of the looms and removed the unit from the rack and it still happend. Opened the box and the cable is seated on the card. Ran Digitest and the cards passed.

Anyone else ever experience this? Sounds like it's broken and only a few months out of warranty as well Any idea if it's expensive to fix?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

G4 533, 1.5G RAM, 40Gig system, 60Gig audio, OS X 10.3.4
PT 6.2.3 HD3 192 i/o
Old 06-08-2004, 09:22 AM

Default Re: Is my 192 i/o broken?

Yes. I had the same problem, and have heard that others have as well. You will need to get your A/D card repaired. It started with one channel and then started on two others for me. Digidesign did repair it for free under warranty and got the card back to me with only a four day turnaround. Good luck.
Old 06-08-2004, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Yes. I had the same problem, and have heard that others have as well. You will need to get your A/D card repaired. It started with one channel and then started on two others for me. Digidesign did repair it for free under warranty and got the card back to me with only a four day turnaround. Good luck.
I second that..

TL
Old 06-08-2004, 10:21 AM

Thanks. Took the i/o to a dealer and they agree that it's broken. Will have to replace the card and incur a charge as it's out of warranty now (only by 4 months though ). The cost is not as high as I thought it would be so in some respects I'm happy. In other respects I'm disappointed that something just over a year old has broken and I'd really prefer to keep the money for beer tokens

Cheers,

Mike