Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2010, 05:03 AM

Default Re: Keyboard issues?

bump
Old 06-11-2010, 03:06 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexruimy View Post
bump
If you want direct help from Digidesign/Avid, please follow the instructions in the Help Us Help You thread, linked at the top of the DUC and in my signature.

We're going to need more info about your system and any troubleshooting you've tried. Some likely causes are: incompatible plug-ins installed, Waves plug-ins overtaking key commands, accidentally holding down a modifier key while closing a plug-in window, corrupted preferences, etc.
Old 06-12-2010, 09:46 AM

well i'm glad someone finally replied. i sent the case to digi support and here's the response i got. hope it helps others.

Quote:
Hi,

Windows 7 is not officially supported yet but 8.0.3 has been released as a public beta for both the 32 and 64 bit versions.

http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...0&itemid=40434

This issue is usually related to an issue with a third party plug-in being installed or the Windows accessibility option Sticky Keys being enabled. You should move all but the Digirack plug-ins from Program Files/Common Files/Digidesign/DAE/Plug-ins and put them in the plug-ins unused folder.

If you have Waves plug-ins or any other third party plug-ins installed make sure that they are the correct version. If you are not sure you should temporarily remove them while trouble shooting this issue.

Trash the DAE prefs folder: Located in the C:/ Program Files / Common Files / Digidesign / DAE

Add plug-ins back a couple at a time to see when the problem returns. Once you have identified the problem plug-in contact the manufacture directly to see if an updated version is available.

If you continue to have issues:

http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...4&itemid=40498

From the link above:

Important: Windows 7 compatibility with Pro Tools 8.0.3 HD, LE, and M-Powered is not fully tested or supported by Avid. (Windows 7 is fully supported with M-Powered Essential.) We recommend backing up your system and work files before using this software, or installing a fresh copy of Windows 7 on a different boot drive. In preliminary testing we have found most plug-ins to be compatible with Pro Tools 8.0.3 and Windows 7.

To discuss the public beta release with other users and for bug reports, visit the Pro Tools 8.0.3 Windows 7 public beta forum:

http://duc.digidesign.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59

You should report this issue in the beta forum.

Best regards,
Avid/Digidesign Technical Support
Old 08-13-2010, 09:57 AM

Bump...update.

I had heard from Digi that this problem would be fixed in the next update...8.0.3. Well, it's not. Not only is it still there, but now there is a problem specifically with the WAVES plug-ins. I'm sure this is a problem with "stuck" keys, but there are now 3 pages from users asking about this problem, and no solutions.

Digi, I'm really sorry that I don't have the time to send you all a detailed report, but with the amount of people who have the same problem, I think it would be safe to assume that you guys (Digi) could re-create it and find out what is going on. And I find it a little insulting that you want users to do the work of removing plug-ins and adding them back one at a time to troubleshoot your problem. Isn't that what you guys should be doing?

This issue is now over a year old, with no resolution.
S3
Old 10-27-2010, 01:52 PM

Bump.

Now we are at 5100 views of this thread..with no help from DIGI. I have not heard from anyone at DIGI either.

2 updates since this problem and no solution.
S3
Old 11-05-2010, 01:46 AM

GREAT NEWS FOLKS!

The stuck modifier issue has been fixed in ProTools 9.0! I can no longer reproduce the stuck ALT key I used to get while scrubbing nor have I seen the Waves plug-in specific stuck ALT key bug since upgrading to PT9.

In addition, the annoying behavior where the Windows Start Menu would pop up when using the Win modifier in ProTools also appears to be gone.

This is huge!!!!

Thank you Avid!
Intel i9-10980xe
64 GB DDR4 3200 RAM
Matrox C420
Avid Artist Mix
Old 11-07-2010, 09:20 AM

sweet, it only took them a year and a half! way to go.