Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2014, 08:24 AM

Default Garritan, Sforzando, PT 11, on Mavericks

My first reaction to Sforzando is rather positive. It's simple, and I can use my Garritan libraries within PT 11.

But occasionally I'm having the problem that the loaded instruments are not saved when I quit the document. Does anyone else have that issue?
It's hard to reproduce. I start a blank doc, load some instruments, record a few things here and there, save and quit, and when I open it up again, everything is fine.
But if I'm doing anything more complex, like importing some midi files, or changing instruments from Aria player on an older document, or copying whole tracks into a new sforzando track, for a while it works (meaning I can open and close the doc once or twice), then it doesn't.

AND PT frequently crashes when running midi, but runs smoothly with audio only.

Anyone else in the same boat? Or are my files just corrupt? It's not all files that react this way. Did I just upgrade too early? I didn't really have the choice but to upgrade, since I needed a new computer, and it came with Mavericks. Any suggestions how I can make things workable meanwhile? I don't know if it's a Sforzando, or a PT11, or a Mavericks issue, or just a combination of all of them.

Another unstable element is that some of the CC controllers that worked fine with my older setup are also acting a bit erratically. Especially the shakes, drops, and scoops in JABB trumpets.

Thanks for any imput.

---
My setup is:
Macbook Pro late 2013, 16GB
Mavericks 10.9
Pt 11.0.3
Sforzando (the latest)
Garritan libraries