Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2012, 10:31 PM

Default Pro-Tools SE + Fast Track Pro!!

Have installed all, thanks God, I did not have much troubles.

Pro-Tools SE cannot be launched without Fast Track being connected etc, - understood!

What I cannot figure out is why when the Pro-trools is launched I cannot adjust latency (or anything) on Fast Track application, it looks like Pro-tools freezes the Fast Track settings. Is this how it should be?

It says in the User Guide that the default latency is 256, it is not the case with my Fast Track. It is actually set to the lowest, and I cannot adjust it when launching Pro-tools.

Thanks, guys!:confused

More: when opening Fast Track Pro properties window (without having Pro-tools launched) I can select latency, Bandwidth etc, but I do not have any OK, or Apply link at the bottom, so I cannot safe settings???? Where are they???
Old 01-15-2012, 07:19 AM

Default Re: Pro-Tools SE + Fast Track Pro!!

Seems they created these limitations in the SE version on purpose. You can change settings, but you only have 2 options when setting buffer size from within ProTools, as you can see in this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXFOVH7SXPI