Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2019, 08:18 PM

Default Avid Pro Tools Account Manager sign in - Can you store your password?

Hello,
Is their any way to store your password in account manager so that you don't have to retype it every time you use Pro Tools? I am the sole user of Pro Tools 12 and my Mac. Currently it's very inconvenient to use this software.

Please let me know.

Pro Tools 12
Imac i7
OS High Sierra

Thanks,
Frank
Old 01-19-2019, 03:51 AM

Default Re: Avid Pro Tools Account Manager sign in - Can you store your password?

Why would you sign in each time you use PT? You only need to sign in to your account if you need to download a new version or update.
Dell Precision 490 Workstation, dual 4 core 5355 Xeon, 16gb Samsung DDR2 ECC Ram - Windows 7 Ultimate - Nvidia GTX 650 - 3 x Internal WD Blacks - PT 2018.3 - Digi 002R - Original Mackie HUI - 3 screens - JBL Monitoring.
Dell XPS 8700 i7-4790 - 24gb RAM - Windows 10 - Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB with Studio driver 546.01 - 2 x Internal Samsung 860 EVO SSDs, and MSATA card - Davinci Resolve Studio 18.6.4 - 3 screens - Blackmagic Speed Editor - MK1 Presonus Faderport - Canon C100 mk2 - Atomos Ninja 2 - Zoom H2n
Old 01-30-2019, 02:41 PM

Default Re: Avid Pro Tools Account Manager sign in - Can you store your password?

Hello Wizzoboy,

Thanks for your quick response Sorry it took so long to get back to you!

When I am working in Pro Tools 12 I often want to visit the market place or learn something more about PT 12. It is usually in the middle of a session or when I begin a session. I have created a password that even I can't remember, so I have to go to find it and it interrupts the flow. This would save me a lot of time having a stored password. When I'm ready to make music and have limited time to do so I don't want to take the time to look for my password. In my case I am the only one using my computer at home let alone someone who uses PT in my house, so I don't have to worry about someone hacking into it.

Perhaps Avid should consider it in their updates or maybe it's there and I don't know how to use it?

Thanks,
FrankCan
Old 01-31-2019, 02:25 PM

So why not just store the password in a text file, on your desktop - then copy & paste it, if you need to log in.

Otherwise, can't you just change your password to something you will remember?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-29-2019, 01:37 PM

Hi Carl,
Sorry for the delayed response. I don't use Pro Tools regularly and this is the reason for my frustration to need to look up the password each time I use it. Having a stored password would be the easiest for me. However, your suggestion seems to be the only that works. Putting it on the desktop.

Thanks,
Frank