Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2012, 02:06 PM

Default old head - new questions

I am sorry to be a bother on this forum but I have been out of the music pro tools environment for the last two years finishing school (just a little background).

I own a digi 003 with pro tools 7.3.1. I have recently upgraded my macbook pro from tiger to snow leopard 10.6.8. Obviously, I found out that my 003 system and mac are no longer speaking.

Through reading various forums it is clear I need to upgrade. And all points on this site are pointing to the fact that I need to crossgrade to Pro Tools 10. So can any one help this old head out?

Based on anther discussion it looks as if I qualify for PT 10 LE crossfade at $399 - true? Meaning since I already own PT LE I don't have to purchase PT 10 from scratch.

I still have my iLok with green light.

And if I make this purchase is it really as easy as purchase download and use or are there additional issues I need to be aware of? Drivers/compatibilities other issues?

Is there anything else I am missing?

Thanks for any help on this - I just feel that I am behind the curve on this and not want to make such a large purchase unless it is going to work.

Hopefully there is enough info here so someone can advise me on this.

Thanks for any assistance - just want to be recording by x-mas.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:37 PM

Default Re: old head - new questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickchelski View Post
I am sorry to be a bother on this forum but I have been out of the music pro tools environment for the last two years finishing school (just a little background).

I own a digi 003 with pro tools 7.3.1. I have recently upgraded my macbook pro from tiger to snow leopard 10.6.8. Obviously, I found out that my 003 system and mac are no longer speaking.

Through reading various forums it is clear I need to upgrade. And all points on this site are pointing to the fact that I need to crossgrade to Pro Tools 10. So can any one help this old head out?

Based on anther discussion it looks as if I qualify for PT 10 LE crossfade at $399 - true? Meaning since I already own PT LE I don't have to purchase PT 10 from scratch.

I still have my iLok with green light.

And if I make this purchase is it really as easy as purchase download and use or are there additional issues I need to be aware of? Drivers/compatibilities other issues?

Is there anything else I am missing?

Thanks for any help on this - I just feel that I am behind the curve on this and not want to make such a large purchase unless it is going to work.

Hopefully there is enough info here so someone can advise me on this.

Thanks for any assistance - just want to be recording by x-mas.
Hi,

Yep, upgrade to 10 for $399
Install the latest driver for 003...

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/d...02-003-Drivers

Can't say if 7.3.1 will run on snow Lep but might be worth installing the above driver first to see if it works, but might just be too out of date for SL.

Just checked and 7.3.1 won't work on SL.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:00 PM

Default Re: old head - new questions

Thanks for the help really missed recording and was just hoping I was not to far in the dark.